Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG idle misfire issues

Views : 6088

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2023, 17:27   #11
mcfe

Spark energy is affected by battery voltage and rpm. On my s60 p2, there is a dwell time table in the ecu code. It affects how long the coil is charged and how strong the spark is based on Voltage and RPM.
mcfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2023, 08:00   #12
Jason t5

I did wonder if it was a battery issue so I replaced it with a brand new one.. still having the same problem 😔
Jason t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2023, 09:11   #13
mcfe

I am guessing it drives fine on gasoline? To me it sounds like the car is adapting to the running of LPG and is detecting either too lean or too rich and is changing injection times WHICH ARE INTERCEPTED by the LPG computer, which affect your lpg system. That or the LPG system is doing some adapting of its own.

I would look at STFT LTFT values just to verify between LPG and Petrol in real time of course. You need to figure out why the car is misfiring e.g too much fuel and is causing it to choke or too little and is trying to burn just air. Perhaps the pressure of the LPG system is at fault.

This is just my theory of course so don't take it as fact I could be way way wrong here.

Last edited by mcfe; Dec 6th, 2023 at 09:20.
mcfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2023, 20:42   #14
ijmorrison

Had a similar one last year on my S80 2.5t with LPG.

Long term fuel trims and short term maxed out.

Reset and would be ok ish for couple days then back to warning light and maxed trims.

Fault finally traced by my mechanic too ..... Petrol injector seals ..were allowing just enough air in to throw everything out but oddly was smooth enough on petrol.

Parts were about £30 from frf.

Maybe get your ear in or try to smoke test ?

Iain
ijmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote