Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone had any experience with injury lawyer scum?

Views : 2483

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 17th, 2015, 19:32   #11
phil1968
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
Not had any experience of them myself fortunately, but a colleague at work is now getting pestered to claim after his works van had to go into the garage for repair....

....for a failed headlight switch!

Makes me wonder if some garages are selling customer details on to scumbag lawyers.
I had a text from an injury lawyer a couple of days after a no fault accident. It would seem that our insurers are passing our details on as well.
phil1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phil1968 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 19:59   #12
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Hopefully you will get some money and most importantly some money phil
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 23:12   #13
NigelDay
Premier Member

Ignore them. Tell them you will see them in Court. Very few liars are prepared to commit perjury in front of a Judge. The Injury Lawyers will start to get nervous when they have to obtain (costly) independent medical evidence to support a whiplash case. If the third party has not contacted their insurance company to claim for accident damage then the 'damage' was indeed so minor that it would be highly unlikely to result in so-called whiplash.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 23:27   #14
moorgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum0 View Post
I've lost count of the amount of times I've had cold calls in the past twelve months from injury/accident claims companies, despite never having any accidents. Claiming left right and centre for the tiniest thing is all too common now, I've even seen market stalls plotted up in my local town!

A friend of mine recently had a small bump in stop start traffic where she went into the back of another car. This was under walking pace and there was no visible damage to either car. She tried to do the right thing by giving her details to the driver of the other car. Unfortunately she did not take any photos of either car at the time.
A few weeks passed and she has now been contacted by an injury claims company on behalf of the driver and four passengers of the other car. For what injury? Yep you've guessed it, whiplash. This is for the grand total of £5,000.
For someone with major anxiety problems at the moment this is the last thing she needs.

Has anyone had any experiences or similar problems with the scum of the earth, also known as injury lawyers?

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Always take photos, video/sound record any conversations with anyone you come into contact with on the road, invest in a dash cam. Anything to cover yourself...
I wouldn't even assume this is a genuine insurance company. Most cold calls are just after your credit card details or personal information. Tell them your job description does not include that type of call and put the phone down.
moorgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2015, 02:18   #15
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

The only person losing out is everyone who pays insurance, the more claims that are paid out the higher premiums will get.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty Dolomite For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 18th, 2015, 10:33   #16
happy diver
Active Member Moment

It requires a lot of pain to resist becoming a member
of the hungry pack that doesn't know much and cares less.

20,000 leagues under the sea diving to adventure
in a silent world with my ceiling the waves...Emile
happy diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2015, 15:17   #17
green van man
Premier Member

I used to get the PPI misselling phone calls, my reply was
1 I asked for it.
2 it paid out when I needed it
So how exactly was it missold?

Invariably the reply was OH, and they rang off.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 18th, 2015, 22:37   #18
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Dolomite View Post
The only person losing out is everyone who pays insurance, the more claims that are paid out the higher premiums will get.

I disagree Marty I think these insurance company's are greedy and will screw us and use every excuse going to do so. Sometimes it's the only justice a individual gets aswell via these people, take my experiance they could have fitted a door filled and sprayed two dings would have taken a week at the most, instead they gave me a hire car £'s a week and I had it for 4 months. Storage fees whilst it was in a plush body shop in Exeter. And then finally a useless amount of settlement cash that didn't cover the repairs and I was lumbered with a damaged car, damage caused by someone else's error, then this 2 grand compensensation, why oh why didn't they just repair the car. Someone made a fortune out of it somewhere it certainly wasn't me. Seems to be a big market in half decent cars some as little as 2 years old written off over nothing. I don't get the mindset of insurance company's. It seems to me it's not car insurance it's public liability insurance.

Last edited by kieran40; Dec 18th, 2015 at 22:45.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2015, 00:03   #19
Rossi-fan
Premier Member

The calls i get where they ask for me by my name, i usually tell them that he's dead. Sometimes all it takes is for me to say 'No' when they ask if I'm Mr C*****, and they just hang up.
Rossi-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi-fan For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2015, 08:16   #20
green van man
Premier Member

I tried the he's dead thing, just got phoned by foriegn call centre instead. All this despite being on the TPA list.
When I asked one caller how he had my number the reply was from a publicly available website. I said that surprised me as I am signed up to the TPA, have you re registered within the last 4 months, says he, yes said I he rang off.
First time I've heard of having to re register with TPA, I thought once you signed up that number it was on the list until you de registered it.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: