Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone had any experience with injury lawyer scum?

Views : 2470

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 17th, 2015, 11:59   #1
Magnum0

Default Anyone had any experience with injury lawyer scum?

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had cold calls in the past twelve months from injury/accident claims companies, despite never having any accidents. Claiming left right and centre for the tiniest thing is all too common now, I've even seen market stalls plotted up in my local town!

A friend of mine recently had a small bump in stop start traffic where she went into the back of another car. This was under walking pace and there was no visible damage to either car. She tried to do the right thing by giving her details to the driver of the other car. Unfortunately she did not take any photos of either car at the time.
A few weeks passed and she has now been contacted by an injury claims company on behalf of the driver and four passengers of the other car. For what injury? Yep you've guessed it, whiplash. This is for the grand total of £5,000.
For someone with major anxiety problems at the moment this is the last thing she needs.

Has anyone had any experiences or similar problems with the scum of the earth, also known as injury lawyers?

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Always take photos, video/sound record any conversations with anyone you come into contact with on the road, invest in a dash cam. Anything to cover yourself...
Magnum0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 12:12   #2
GreenBrick
SilverBrick Lives!

One of the reasons I got a dash cam after having a scrote lie through his teeth after an accident. He even got false witness statements prepared by a solicitor... If in doubt phone the police to attend, and if they say that it is too minor, just say you think you could smell alcohol!!
GreenBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBrick For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 12:37   #3
reggit
Premier Member

Not had any experience of them myself fortunately, but a colleague at work is now getting pestered to claim after his works van had to go into the garage for repair....

....for a failed headlight switch!

Makes me wonder if some garages are selling customer details on to scumbag lawyers.
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 12:47   #4
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default distinguish

Distinguish (a) the lying scum in the other car (b) the lying scum at claims companies (c) proper solicitors who are obliged to advance a claim in accordance with their client's instructions but are prohibited from knowingly assisting their client to advance an untruth.
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 13:46   #5
kieran40
I've Been Banned

I have nothing but praise for them I'm 2 grand richer than I was a few weeks ago , one offered me help after my accident and I took them up on it after I was scene off and the hassle I had 2 grand is very nice . I would recommend everytime lovely gesture

Hopefully it will send a message to the insurance crooks, to repair the damage to the victims satisfaction don't be greedy when they leg people over to me they have whats ever comming. And if these lawyers can make a few quid and the victim makes a few quid I can't see the issue.

Last edited by kieran40; Dec 17th, 2015 at 13:58.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 14:06   #6
volvo145
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
I have nothing but praise for them I'm 2 grand richer than I was a few weeks ago , one offered me help after my accident and I took them up on it after I was scene off and the hassle I had 2 grand is very nice . I would recommend everytime lovely gesture

Hopefully it will send a message to the insurance crooks, to repair the damage to the victims satisfaction don't be greedy when they leg people over to me they have whats ever comming. And if these lawyers can make a few quid and the victim makes a few quid I can't see the issue.
Glad you got 2 grand but what did they get for there services?
I don't mind if its a genuine case but sometimes they are not and It costs everybody else extra.
You are just lucky it wasn't a serious accident because you might have been waiting years for any pay out apart from funds for your car.
One case I was involved in it took 11 years for settlement
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo145 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 14:13   #7
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo145 View Post
Glad you got 2 grand but what did they get for there services?
I don't mind if its a genuine case but sometimes they are not and It costs everybody else extra.
You are just lucky it wasn't a serious accident because you might have been waiting years for any pay out apart from funds for your car.
One case I was involved in it took 11 years for settlement
If I was injured it would have been a lot more this was for general inconvience loss of earnings etc they offered and I accepted I think they got £500 and I got the balance which is 2 grand. If my car was fixed like it should have been I wouldn't have gone down that road, they delibratly insisted on brand new parts from volvo and also a place that charges 100 an hour, I didn't want the hire cars I had for months on end all I wanted was a second hand door the two dents filled and sprayed it would have cost them £800 at the most I would have been happy, they just didn't want to pay out on a old car . But if I had driven into someone I'd expect that the damage I caused would be put right that's why I pay a insurance premium for. They are just crooks volvo145. Settled in a matter of weeks I was phoned regularly to inform me whats going on they admitted liability straight away, crazy they should have just fixed my car in the first place. Instead of leaving it for me to sort out. Infact the whole thing was crazy took my car to Exeter I was just dumped with a brand new hire car and then I got wind my car could be crushed so I had to go up and take it more aless by force I told them go get it out of the yard or I'll drive it out. It's my car and I want it back. It was a nightmare tbh. All over a dented door and two dings on the rear quarter panel. I bet loads of people get treated in the same way it might be a 12 year old car but it's not a old banger it's my pride and joy and I'm fond of it to them it's just a piece of scrap metal. What a world a it's comming up for 13 years old and still doing me well everyday infact it's going in on the 4 jan for a new DMf and clutch that's all that's wrong with it defintley not ready for the scrap man loads of life and a good car well a dependable friend like any volvo is tbh.

Last edited by kieran40; Dec 17th, 2015 at 14:36.
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 14:51   #8
volvo145
Premier Member

Kieran why would you buy a new motor when the one you have even at 13 year old doing the same as a new one.!
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo145 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 15:00   #9
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo145 View Post
Kieran why would you buy a new motor when the one you have even at 13 year old doing the same as a new one.!
Exactly and it costs no money,it gets through it's mot each year it's a really good car, I like it I'm looking for a second one a newer one but I'm keeping the s40 I may aswell in all the years I've owned it the DMf and clutch is the most expense but it's done 153 thousand and even with that on the blink it still goes alright and is doing me good service daily just a rattle and it's lost a bit of power up the hills. But it's drivable. I've always looked after it. So these lawyers in a bizzare way have their place I'm very grateful to them, that was another load of hassle it had 11 months mot and I had to have it mot'ed again hounestly from the moment she hit me to the day the insurance was settled it was just months on end of hassle I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It later transpired she shouldn't of been driving she thought she was approaching a round about it was a main road she could have hit a child or family as it was full of people walking around the seafront well it was just a nice summers evening. I hope for her sake and everyone else's the old girl has hung up her keys and gets a taxi. I don't hold any bitterness towards her just the hassle she caused.

Last edited by kieran40; Dec 17th, 2015 at 15:10.
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 18:57   #10
Bigneil

Compensation claims have their place and are good at delivering justice to the wronged...if done responsibly.
I do however take great exception to the scumbag companies that go out of their way to goad people into making needless or fraudulent claims, especially the cold callers!
They phone you and practically accuse you of having been in an accident, (same techniques as the PPI lot). You know they are not doing it out of concert for you well being, they have £ signs in their eyes. I said to the last clold caller "since you seem to know so much already, you will have to tell me all about how and what happened because I must have received a head injury resulting in a terrible case of retrograde amnesia".