Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

stratstones parts notts and chesterfield

Views : 2050

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 24th, 2007, 18:54   #11
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

This is strange as I have been to Strats a number of times on a Saturday morning.
So since when have they been "closed" on Saturdays?? My last visit was in October...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 23:10   #12
Stefanfed

Hi i work for stratstones and there is a call centre that has been introduced they dont know what they are doing it took me 10 mins for them to put me through to my boss as they didnt understand the words I WORK THERE and instead tried to sell me a service.
Stefanfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 09:13   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

I have heard that before exactly the same point . they don't know who actualy works for them.. They have recently got rid of 10 of their 22 volvo dealers .. profits down from £60 m to £35 m and share price at an all time low ...
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 11:29   #14
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Actually IMHO there is no point writing to VCUK about any complaints even if its just to log it down. Better off writing to an independant body that keeps count,.. if there is such a place. From what I have been reading here, VCUK is hopeless in customer service and take an ostrich like attitude to sticky situations.

With the dealers who really should be excellent in customer service, again there I find it lacking to the order of disbelieve. Ok not all are like crap so I use only two these days. I am in nottingham so any work to the car its at dave Pengelley. Even for small parts I rather order it through him where possible.

And when I need large stuff that DP can't get, then a quick call to MRG dealership (thanks to pyaap for introducing them), I get the parts I need, good price and efficient service. At least I know I am giving my cash to a company thats friendly, and who knows what customer relationship is all about. these days, the smaller dealerships are better at it. Not the large ones that act cold towards people but charming when a sale is eminent.

Have you tried any of the two I mentioned here? (DP and MRG)

cheers
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 11:50   #15
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackel View Post
wanted a set of floormats for my v40 no one at chesterfield parts as the only parts guy was sick.mansfield statstone is closed now which doesnt help so went to notts ordered mats which he said would be there yesterday afternoon and he would phone me about 3pm.no phone call received.
Do i take it that you are a Chesterfield resiident then Jackel? If so what's your V40 like - I'll look out for you! I've got a 52 plate Scarab green S60 SE.

Incidentally, you could always order genuine parts through an independent and prob pay no more than Volvo want. Independent will get them at trade and can make a few quid and still sell to you at Volvo retail!
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 19:21   #16
jackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
Do i take it that you are a Chesterfield resiident then Jackel? If so what's your V40 like - I'll look out for you! I've got a 52 plate Scarab green S60 SE.

Incidentally, you could always order genuine parts through an independent and prob pay no more than Volvo want. Independent will get them at trade and can make a few quid and still sell to you at Volvo retail!
no mate live in mansfield so i,m stuck in between the 2 since the mansfield branch closed got a blue v40t4 2003 model on a 52 plate new grill,gearknob and alloy look interior trim on its way
jackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 17:46   #17
t5_andy
Trader

Can't believe they shut the mansfield branch and kept the chesterfield one open. Absolutely useless there, I wanted a temp sender and had to give them the part number as there was "nobody in parts today, there'll be two people in on monday..." and they still couldn't figure it out.

Mansfield were so much better
t5_andy is offline   Reply With Quote