Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Panoramic roof yes/no?

Views : 4019

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 10th, 2017, 12:25   #21
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNVXC90 View Post
Love this option on my XC90. Makes the cabin nice and bright. Kids enjoy it too. On the XC90, the single switch for sunroof and the blind is a bit fiddly and takes some getting used to. Also, when parked on a hot day, the blind automatically closes, to prevent the cabin getting too hot.

Yes, I'm not normally slow to work things out but the switch flummoxed me for the first week. I didn't realise that it had distinct fore/aft and tilt functions to the physical switch movement.
Old May 10th, 2017, 12:39   #22
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post
I'll reiterate some of these points.

• I've not noticed the car getting any hotter - In this country I really don't see this being an issue.

• Like Greg said, I would be happy for it not to open - I'd rather have Air Con on than open the windows/sunroof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Yes I would have gone for a fixed pano roof if there had been the option as less cost, less chance of issues and probably less weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Totally agree. I like the interior ambience that a pano roof creates but almost never feel the need to open it.
Same here. I've got a fixed Pano on the CRV and it's OK. Nice to have, but personally its not an important car feature at all, whether it opens or not. I just happen to have these things and a tilting and sliding glass [smaller] roof on the Toyota. I have and have had others without such roofs and never missed the feature in any of them.

I had a steel opening and sliding hatch in an Audi once. It was an £1800 option back in 1988 for goodness' sake! What a totally useless and worthless expensive hole that was. The car was an ex-Audi demonstrator and track car, so I didn't pay full whack for it. An ex Audi-Sport Performance Driving School car rather than the 'Audi executive transport' that the car was sold to me as. I found this out because the very car was pictured in the Sunday Telegraph a few weeks after I had bought it, with a big sticker on the side saying precisely what it was. Dealer nearly had a stroke when I showed him the newspaper picture.
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 18:06   #23
Mrjon
Master Member

Thanks for all the replies with advice on the sunroof option.
I've now placed an order for a V90CC and thanks to the advice included the xenium pack with panoramic roof!
I sat in a V90 without the PR and due to the length of the roof it certainly makes it very tunnel like without the PR.
Thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrjon For This Useful Post: