Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Uncomfortable Volvo Seats - why?

Views : 12527

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2021, 18:46   #21
weemark

Just to add a bit more info - got my car back for dealership this afternoon and seat felt as bad. Never been hugely impressed with it but much worse this past year - then.the penny eventually dropped through my befuddled brain. Have a chronic knee complaint (replacement op next week - don't open the bowling for 30 years kids, this is what happens) and to try and lessen the impact I've lost a bunch of weight, around 4 stone in all. So I guess I'm more perched on rather than embedded in the seat now!
Old May 14th, 2021, 21:27   #22
Mad Malc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
"A day out"? That's a 14 hour round trip, with out stops.
That is correct, stops amounted to roughly 1 hour. The weather was good, it was absolutely fantastic. Driving is something I just HAVE to do.
The worst part of this covid thing was not being able to just drive about, the NEED is quite worrying really but we all have our crosses to bear!!!!
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Malc For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2021, 23:28   #23
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
The funny thing is that I've not seen any threads about poor seat comfort with respect to earlier Volvos.
All my Volvo seats have been comfortable but the best are on my 2003, C70 GT. Just superb.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2021, 08:56   #24
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
All my Volvo seats have been comfortable but the best are on my 2003, C70 GT. Just superb.
We have Volvos since the (19) seventies and found the seats to be better in each newer model.
The (standard Momentum) seats in our XC90 are the best we had so far.
Old May 15th, 2021, 11:07   #25
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
We have Volvos since the (19) seventies and found the seats to be better in each newer model.
The (standard Momentum) seats in our XC90 are the best we had so far.
There have been previous posts where the Momentum seats have been praised, and even where attempts have been made to have the dealer swap the Inscription seats out and replace them with Momentum seats - a failed attempt I recall.

If you look at the swatches in the dealership, you can easily see that the Momentum leather is thicker and "less luxurious", but not necessarily "less comfortable"
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2021, 11:11   #26
Boatie
Master Member

I think that the uncomfortable seat issue revolves around the seats with the extending front bit (that's a technical term). On either side of this 'bit' there are upward 'ears' intended to give side support . Unfortunately they are simply too close together and dig into ones legs. They are not just padding they are the shape of the base.
Old May 15th, 2021, 14:32   #27
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
There have been previous posts where the Momentum seats have been praised, and even where attempts have been made to have the dealer swap the Inscription seats out and replace them with Momentum seats - a failed attempt I recall.

If you look at the swatches in the dealership, you can easily see that the Momentum leather is thicker and "less luxurious", but not necessarily "less comfortable"
Yes we tried to swap our seats but we’re told this was not possible, one other owner I know sold his car because of the seats and got a Merc.
Old May 17th, 2021, 11:04   #28
Discoman

I'm with the other posters who find their standard Momentum seats really great.

I actually went in to buy an R-Design and knew as soon as sitting in it that the seats were an overstyled mess. I don't know why people fall for this sports seats in an SUV thing.
Old May 17th, 2021, 12:43   #29
Chudy85
Volvo family member

I found that my inscription seats are very comfortable and I am not small person. i can drive for 4 hours without breaks and still finish trip relaxed.
Chudy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2021, 13:50   #30
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

It's subjective isn't it and what you get used to / comfortable in.

I find my V90 R-Design seats the best I've had, but then I like the supportiveness of seats and the fact that they are hard. Done a number of long journeys and find them great.

In contrast, the VW Passat I'm in at the minute has awful seats, too flat and not in enough support.