Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY22 order cancelled

Views : 4579

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 13th, 2021, 11:18   #1
ian77

Default MY22 order cancelled

Posted this in general but perhaps more relevant here.

I’ve just had the dealer call to say Volvo have cancelled my order :-( Apparently the semiconductor shortage means they can’t supply the 360 camera or BLIS and have cancelled all orders with them in (V60 and XC40 anyway). I can reorder without the options or wait and see so I’m waiting, but no timeline for any updates.

Inevitable I suppose given the issues in the market but I was hopeful I’d escaped given delivery was meant to be in 4-6 weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ian77 For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2021, 11:56   #2
amadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77 View Post

I’ve just had the dealer call to say Volvo have cancelled my order :-( Apparently the semiconductor shortage means they can’t supply the 360 camera or BLIS and have cancelled all orders with them in (V60 and XC40 anyway). I can reorder without the options or wait and see so I’m waiting, but no timeline for any updates.

Inevitable I suppose given the issues in the market but I was hopeful I’d escaped given delivery was meant to be in 4-6 weeks.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Just a quick thought have you used BLISS/360 cam? Personally I have both and don’t rate either - bliss I just don’t see the point but was part of the pack the ACC and 360 I end up just using the mirrors on my V60, tbh I wish I’d just ordered the far cheaper rear camera.

If you want them fair enough but it might not be a killer. Maybe see if the dealer can let you try out a car for a day or two with the options if you’ve not had experience with them?
Old May 13th, 2021, 12:05   #3
Lozzingers

Ah that really is a pain for you, sorry to hear that.
Just to add a different side - Bliss is the one thing I have always thought should be standard (and is now I see for MY22 XC90) and has saved me from a definite crash with a tiny Fiat 500 when I was racing to hospital and joining a dual carriageway (would have been my fault 100% but if it wasn't for this mad flashing in the wing mirror I would not have seen it.)
Just my 2 cents, but as mentioned, try it out and see if you use it.
Good luck!
Lozzingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 12:24   #4
ian77

I’ve got the 360 and BLIS on my current V60 and find them both pretty useful, the 360 gives the wife more confidence in parking… TBH I’m only replacing it as the deal I was offered is basically cost neutral after some man maths, but I’m happy with my current car so willing to wait. Maybe even to MY23
Old May 13th, 2021, 12:58   #5
Lozzingers

good position to be in - I nearly traded my 66 xc90 D5 for a new T8 mainly because the 5 year servicing package and warranty made it cost neutral to run for the next 3 years (but I still had to pay into the pot to up my expected value in 3 years from £15k to £35k hence the money had to come from somwehere!
Lozzingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 13:26   #6
bluey_xc90

Have a my22 xc90 on order and not heard anything negative yet (only been 10 days since ordered though!).

BLIS is standard on it with all the city safety but have added 360 camera on it - hoping now it doesn't cause delays or cancellation...
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 14:33   #7
ian77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Have a my22 xc90 on order and not heard anything negative yet (only been 10 days since ordered though!).

BLIS is standard on it with all the city safety but have added 360 camera on it - hoping now it doesn't cause delays or cancellation...
The cynic in me thinks they will have limited supply of some parts and are focussing them on the more profitable cars in the range. I reckon their margin on the XC90 is much greater than on the V60!
Old May 13th, 2021, 14:49   #8
Mm1988

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me with a Skoda Octavia order from last December. Couldn’t get a build week out of them. Turned out Skoda were de-prioritising orders with rear cameras (not standard across the range). I didn’t want to wait so pivoted to the V60. My initial order got pushed into MY22 so I switched to a car in stock. Had to pay more for the R Design trim but now I have it I couldn’t be happier.

If the features are important to you I would advise to wait it out. MY23 may have the new Android OS.
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 15:02   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:

Your dealer would have had the latest update on the situation this morning in a bulletin .
Old May 13th, 2021, 15:35   #10
Saftlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
Sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me with a Skoda Octavia order from last December. Couldn’t get a build week out of them. Turned out Skoda were de-prioritising orders with rear cameras (not standard across the range). I didn’t want to wait so pivoted to the V60. My initial order got pushed into MY22 so I switched to a car in stock. Had to pay more for the R Design trim but now I have it I couldn’t be happier.

If the features are important to you I would advise to wait it out. MY23 may have the new Android OS.
Android Automotive should be included in the XC60 from MY22 - https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...to-more-models
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote