Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1997 940 lpt m90 £1500

Views : 670

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2021, 13:25   #1
RF82
Trader

Default 1997 940 lpt m90 £1500

I’m not sure why I can add pictures, but I can WhatsApp them to anyone interested.

1997 Volvo 940 2.3 LPT for sale - £1500

5 speed manual, M90 gearbox.

2 previous owners. MOT October with no advisories

156k. 17 service stamps in the book, last one at 135k.

It’s just had a full service with cambelt, water pump, plugs, oil, filters, new turbo oil return pipe, charcoal canister and numerous pipes etc.

I bought this a couple of months ago to save it from being scrapped due to a failed head gasket. In addition to the above work, it’s also had a new head gasket kit including head bolts and had the head skimmed and pressure tested. I’ve been using it as my daily for the last week and it drives really well now, with no issues at all.

It needs a bit of love though. The main points are the rear lights need replacing, it needs the headlight wiper arms, and the interior is pretty tatty. It’s totally solid, however the paintwork could do with some detailing here and there. The worst part is the tailgate, which would need painting. Other than that, a couple of scuffs here and there, the main two are in the pictures.

Being a standard, 1997 LPT with M90 box, it’s quite rare. Especially with the low owners, brilliant service history and the recent work which cost me close to £900.

The price is fixed, no offers at all. This is what it owes me. I’ll go on eBay in a few days with the reserve set at £1500 if it doesn’t sell on here. If it still doesn’t sell, I’ll do the bits it needs myself and fit a new interior and make it mint.

Viewings and test drives welcome. Ask as many questions as you want.
RF82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RF82 For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2021, 16:32   #2
knuckledragger

Sound like a bargain to me, hope this goes to a fellow forumite
knuckledragger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knuckledragger For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2021, 18:15   #3
RF82
Trader

Sold sold
RF82 is offline   Reply With Quote