Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Electrical problems

Views : 456

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 15:57   #1
Milton Boy

Default Electrical problems

I have a 2001 V70 2.4 T which has developed electrical problems. Firstly the nearside rear passenger door will not operate on the key fob. I think that it might be a faulty lock. I ordered a replacement one on ebay but it has the wrong pin configuration. Could anyone give me the correct part number?
Secondly, my tailgate windscreen wiper has stopped working and the tailgate will not open when locked by the keyfob. My friendly auto electrician has confirmed power at the motor but it will not operate from the stalk. We have checked the wiring at the hinge and it appears fine, He is puzzled. I am wondering if a relay could be at fault. All fuses checked and okay. Would welcome any advice.
Milton Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 18:26   #2
Milton Boy

Default Electrical Problems

Have now found most of the problem to be a dodgy relay. Rear wiper and Tailgate now working okay. Still need to sort nearside passenger door lock
Old May 8th, 2021, 20:53   #3
Milton Boy

Problem solved, After many hours I found that a couple of relays were playing up. Car left on drive during lockdown,
Old May 9th, 2021, 12:59   #4
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Would you please identify the relays (by number and/or appearance) and their location(s).
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2021, 16:18   #5
Milton Boy

It took my friendly electrician a total of five hours head scratching and a couple of visits to find the faults. He didn't tell me which ones were faulty but he said that it was low down on the right hand side of the panel under the long bit of boot fascia. I believe that it was the one that controlled the rear nearside door lock and petrol flap which he managed to get working (Possibly RMI 20). Previously he sorted the relays that controlled the rear tailgate lock (wouldn't open) and the rear wiper (wouldn't wipe). My car is a 2001 low mileage V70 2.4T which only did 36 miles last year due to lockdown and was sat on my drive.