Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13367

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 13th, 2021, 09:22   #41
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
I picked up my new car today and I also found a few bits of plastic wedged between the cushion and back of the rear seats. Other than that, pretty happy with what I’ve picked up.

One small snag: they fit the wrong number plate on the car! Going back to get the correct one fitted. The one on all the paperwork is correct but the actual one on the car is one letter out. “We don’t usually check that the workshop has fitted the correct plate”. Hopefully I don’t get stopped by police wondering why my car is not a silver Mini Cooper...
It's great that there was nothing else wrong with your new car. The last thing you want is being left with a choice of accepting a damaged new car, or waiting bloody weeks for a replacement.

I know that whenever I have bought a used car in the past, you always get told "you can't expect it to be like new, but it's in good condition". So, the only time you can expect it to be like new, is when you first collect the 'new' car. After that, you will always hear the argument that it is not new.

This is why I intend of going over it with a fine toothed comb, no matter if I come across as being a little overly vigilant.
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 10:07   #42
ian77

Default MY22 order cancelled

I’ve just had the dealer call to say Volvo have cancelled my order :-( Apparently the semiconductor shortage means they can’t supply the 360 camera or BLIS and have cancelled all orders with them in (V60 and XC40 anyway), I can reorder without the options or wait and see so I’m waiting, but no timeline for any updates.

Inevitable I suppose given the issues in the market but I was hopeful I’d escaped given delivery was in 4-6 weeks.
Old May 13th, 2021, 10:42   #43
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77 View Post
I’ve just had the dealer call to say Volvo have cancelled my order :-( Apparently the semiconductor shortage means they can’t supply the 360 camera or BLIS and have cancelled all orders with them in (V60 and XC40 anyway), I can reorder without the options or wait and see so I’m waiting, but no timeline for any updates.

Inevitable I suppose given the issues in the market but I was hopeful I’d escaped given delivery was in 4-6 weeks.
That's terrible! I was under the impression that these semiconductors are now flowing again.

There's no way you would continue with a brand new car without the options that are important to you, hence why you chose them in the first place.

This, no doubt has left a bitter taste in your mouth, considering you were expecting delivery in 4-6 weeks time. I certainly felt very let down as mine was left with only 2 weeks to go.

I don't think you will be waiting long before you can at least place a new order and if mine is anything to go off, they do seem to prioritise cancelled orders.

I'm gutted for you.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 22:28   #44
PaulWilliams78

I've received an update on my order.

Build date now 4th June.
ETD between 11-20 June.

I was worried my order would be cancelled the second time due to shortages of semi conductors but luckily it hasn't.

Not long to wait now.

I will post YouTube video review of it when I get it. This will be my first ever video post 🙂
Old May 23rd, 2021, 13:36   #45
ian77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
I've received an update on my order.

Build date now 4th June.
ETD between 11-20 June.

I was worried my order would be cancelled the second time due to shortages of semi conductors but luckily it hasn't.

Not long to wait now.

I will post YouTube video review of it when I get it. This will be my first ever video post 🙂
Excellent news, I hope nothing changes for you over the next 12 days and the build goes through with the BLIS and 360 camera. Confirms my suspicion that Volvo are redirecting limited semiconductor supplies for these options to certain orders. Look forward to seeing some photos!
Old May 23rd, 2021, 17:04   #46
855 tdi
Master Member

The semiconductor situation is a real pain. My employer ordered a Volvo lorry near last Christmas that was initially arriving in July, then it became august, now it's december, in truth I don't like Volvo lorrys so was hoping work would change to an MAN like I already drive but they're VW and I expect it wouldn't arrive much quicker anyway as they have the same problem. I finally convinced work to get a fork lift on the back, making my job much easier and saving my already bad back but the forklift too has been delayed. The limited number of factories making these was asking for issues, along with problems like covid and a "perfect storm" of things all at once I can't see them catching up with supply properly for a while yet.

Volvo 855 TDI 228,000M (sold) Volvo V70 2.5D 218,000m (sold)
Volvo 745 GLE 129,000M (Tankenstein) Volvo 940 SE HPT 115,000M
855 tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2021, 08:46   #47
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77 View Post
Excellent news, I hope nothing changes for you over the next 12 days and the build goes through with the BLIS and 360 camera. Confirms my suspicion that Volvo are redirecting limited semiconductor supplies for these options to certain orders. Look forward to seeing some photos!
I feel gutted for all those people who have had their current order delayed or cancelled as I know how I felt when it happened to me.

Fingers crossed the supply chain can catch up soon.
Old May 24th, 2021, 08:50   #48
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 855 tdi View Post
The semiconductor situation is a real pain. My employer ordered a Volvo lorry near last Christmas that was initially arriving in July, then it became august, now it's december, in truth I don't like Volvo lorrys so was hoping work would change to an MAN like I already drive but they're VW and I expect it wouldn't arrive much quicker anyway as they have the same problem. I finally convinced work to get a fork lift on the back, making my job much easier and saving my already bad back but the forklift too has been delayed. The limited number of factories making these was asking for issues, along with problems like covid and a "perfect storm" of things all at once I can't see them catching up with supply properly for a while yet.
It's interesting to hear an experience related to other areas of the industry, so thanks for sharing your experience.

I've never had a viewpoint on how good Volvo lorry's are compared to their rivals. I generally have always heard that Volvo engines were very well built, and built to last.

Fingers crossed you get sorted soon
Old May 28th, 2021, 15:32   #49
PaulWilliams78

I have today received an email direct from Volvo UK with the title

'In Anticipation Of You Receiving Your New Car'

It simply goes over some of the features of the new car and says it will be worth familiarising myself with these features prior to taking delivery.

It may be nothing, but it certainly gives me confidence that it won't be cancelled at the last minute, like last time.

I've now ordered Volvo head support pillows, kick guards for both seats and the protection pack too.

As we draw closer to June I am extremely excited!
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulWilliams78 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 19:46   #50
bluey_xc90

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and my my22 xc90 r-design is scheduled to be built next Tuesday, 15th June. As far as I know it is including the 360 cameras on it as have not been informed otherwise - they are now removed on any promotional material online due to shortages.

Due to be ready for end of the month, so getting excited
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluey_xc90 For This Useful Post: