Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Has Anyone Else Had Their 2021 Volvo Order Cancelled?

Views : 13361

Replies : 103

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2021, 08:15   #11
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
Yes I had the exact same thing. Ordered in March with an estimate delivery date of late April. A week or so later was told there was a hold up and then finally told my order was moved to MY22. There are some differences in the spec so dealer is apparently trying to honour original spec but have gone quiet. No idea when I will get the car but traditionally new MY cars are built in May and delivered in June. As this was caused by ongoing component delays it could be even later.
Ok, I received a pretty disgusting response from Volvo regarding the price matching of the order I made and paid for back in March.

Firstly for the part I find disgusting. My sales rep tells me I have 3 business days to put through the new order, or lose any price matching, even though I've been waiting for 2 weeks for them to even tell me my options and they finally email me yesterday afternoon. That feels like a threat.

He then tells me Park Pilot has now been removed as to has the laminate windows option that I paid £750 for and finally that I can't have electrically controlled child locks on rear doors unless I lose rear heated seats???

After all of that, I don't get any more detail of what the price match even is. For example, would I receive a refund of the £750 for no laminated glass option or £75 for the child locks option? He just asks me to confirm the new order before the 28th or lose it!

I've also been told, no temporary car will be supplied even though they cancelled my order two weeks prior to collection date and my current car will be gone from 13th may, which was weeks after any latest ETD promised.

This is turning into a really horrible experience with Volvo and makes me question whether I should be spending my £50000 elsewhere.

What do you all think about the above?
PaulWilliams78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 08:26   #12
Mm1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWilliams78 View Post
Ok, I received a pretty disgusting response from Volvo regarding the price matching of the order I made and paid for back in March.

Firstly for the part I find disgusting. My sales rep tells me I have 3 business days to put through the new order, or lose any price matching, even though I've been waiting for 2 weeks for them to even tell me my options and they finally email me yesterday afternoon. That feels like a threat.

He then tells me Park Pilot has now been removed as to has the laminate windows option that I paid £750 for and finally that I can't have electrically controlled child locks on rear doors unless I lose rear heated seats???

After all of that, I don't get any more detail of what the price match even is. For example, would I receive a refund of the £750 for no laminated glass option or £75 for the child locks option? He just asks me to confirm the new order before the 28th or lose it!

I've also been told, no temporary car will be supplied even though they cancelled my order two weeks prior to collection date and my current car will be gone from 13th may, which was weeks after any latest ETD promised.

This is turning into a really horrible experience with Volvo and makes me question whether I should be spending my £50000 elsewhere.

That doesn’t sound like very good customer service but I’m assuming this is coming down to a lack of consideration due to the disconnect between the manufacturer and the dealers. I imagine Volvo are telling the dealer that the changes are happening and the costs are as they are and the dealer is faced with giving you what was agreed and then swallowing the additional costs or try to force you to accept and not be out of pocket (this is all assumptions I could be completely wrong).

For what it’s worth I haven’t heard from my dealer so I will phone on Monday as it’s been two weeks. I imagine I’ll be in the exact same scenario. I can’t remember where I read or heard it but I think they they’re prioritising XC60s and XC90s at the moment. Did your dealer give you any delivery estimate for your “new” order?
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mm1988 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 08:37   #13
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
That doesn’t sound like very good customer service but I’m assuming this is coming down to a lack of consideration due to the disconnect between the manufacturer and the dealers. I imagine Volvo are telling the dealer that the changes are happening and the costs are as they are and the dealer is faced with giving you what was agreed and then swallowing the additional costs or try to force you to accept and not be out of pocket (this is all assumptions I could be completely wrong).

For what it’s worth I haven’t heard from my dealer so I will phone on Monday as it’s been two weeks. I imagine I’ll be in the exact same scenario. I can’t remember where I read or heard it but I think they they’re prioritising XC60s and XC90s at the moment. Did your dealer give you any delivery estimate for your “new” order?
Regarding a new ETD he said orders can be placed early May for deliveries between late June, early July.

I agree with your thoughts regarding the disconnect between dealerships and Volvo.

Does the removal of Park pilot bother you at all?

With a possible overhaul of the entire SPA in 2022, the removal of tech that's always been standard on models since 2016 seems very untimely to me. That PP system worked pretty well, so removing it when all safety tech should have been improved seems fishy to me.

It's annoying as I was really looking forward to this big purchase.
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 08:47   #14
Mm1988

Quote:
Regarding a new ETD he said orders can be placed early May for deliveries between late June, early July.

I agree with your thoughts regarding the disconnect between dealerships and Volvo.

Does the removal of Park pilot bother you at all?

With a possible overhaul of the entire SPA in 2022, the removal of tech that's always been standard on models since 2016 seems very untimely to me. That PP system worked pretty well, so removing it when all safety tech should have been improved seems fishy to me.

It's annoying as I was really looking forward to this big purchase.
Personally, where I’ve had park pilot features I’ve found I have rarely used them. I find reversing/360 cameras are all I need and automated parking only lines you up against the cars in adjacent spaces so if they’re crooked, so are you, which sort of triggers my OCD! I think the new android operating system is a pretty good trade off. The voice control is superior and google maps being standard is worth a lot more to me. Sensus will look very outdated in comparison.

June/July is painful but I guess nothing that can be done now. My existing car is pcp and has a fair few months left (already plenty of equity so no bother there). As with you once you make a decision and take the plunge you just want the new wheels... will try to be patient.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mm1988 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 09:18   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:

The dealers are working closely with volvo to sort this out , you have to get the answers you want now or within the next day or two , replacement orders have to be in by this wednesday ... There is a worldwide shortage of semiconductors for all sorts of industries causing this problem ...
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 09:48   #16
garethXC

I think i would be asking for my money back.
You might be surprised how many pre-reg'd cars with virtually no miles to your desired spec a few hours on the 'net can reveal. I get that its not a 'new' buying experience but.....
garethXC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garethXC For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 11:30   #17
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethXC View Post
I think i would be asking for my money back.
You might be surprised how many pre-reg'd cars with virtually no miles to your desired spec a few hours on the 'net can reveal. I get that its not a 'new' buying experience but.....
I would have gone with this option originally but I spent months waiting for an example to come on the market with the majority of my requested spec and nothing ever came up.

It's due to the fact I added almost every extra available.

I am stickler for value and so to go for a new car at all is a first for me. Fingers crossed, this will get sorted and I'll be posting back on here that I love my new car and how wonderful Volvo is
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulWilliams78 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 21:42   #18
PaulWilliams78

OK, my new order is back on, it looks like Volvo have honoured the price matching from my MY2021 order.

The strange thing is that I have been informed that I cannot have rear heated seats with the optional electrical child lock option? If I want the electrical child lock option I must now ditch the rear heated seats and go for the integrated booster seats?

This makes no sense to me.

I also have lost the laminated windows option and Park Pilot has been ditched too!

I have been promised that the car will still be a Volvo though so all is not lost LOL....
Old Apr 30th, 2021, 14:12   #19
Mm1988

Quote:
OK, my new order is back on, it looks like Volvo have honoured the price matching from my MY2021 order.

The strange thing is that I have been informed that I cannot have rear heated seats with the optional electrical child lock option? If I want the electrical child lock option I must now ditch the rear heated seats and go for the integrated booster seats?

This makes no sense to me.

I also have lost the laminated windows option and Park Pilot has been ditched too!

I have been promised that the car will still be a Volvo though so all is not lost LOL....
That is strange but least the order is in now. My dealer is placing all the blame on Volvo UK and cannot give me a ETA. Do you have a delivery date?
Old May 1st, 2021, 23:01   #20
PaulWilliams78

Quote:
That is strange but least the order is in now. My dealer is placing all the blame on Volvo UK and cannot give me a ETA. Do you have a delivery date?
I haven't been provided with any ETD. The only mention of delivery estimate is a reference to "Volvo UK will be prioritising any cancelled MY2021 orders".

Your guess is as good as mine as to the validity of that statement.

Hopefully we get the full handover experience as opposed to the Covid handover experience. I've never bought new from Volvo before so the whole experience is exciting for me.