Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 2.4d very low miles - lovely car

Views : 740

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2021, 08:32   #1
simonwedge

Default S60 2.4d very low miles - lovely car

See link here to my car for sale on Autotrader: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02104050986405

It took me months to find one this nice, so long in fact that I had to buy another car to use in the interim. Since I've had it I've sorted all of the little things that it needed including:
  • Annual service
  • A-post covers professionally retrimmed
  • New clutch/DMF/clutch slave/rear main oil seal using genuine Volvo parts done at Sheffield & Meredith in Leicester. The clutch itself was fine but the DMF was worn meaning it juddered in reverse. Total bill c£1,200
  • Wheels professionally refurbished/powdercoated
  • New front wheel bearing
  • New front vacuum engine mount
  • New glowplugs

It really is a beautiful car now. Paint and bodywork is excellent and the interior is as new. The mileage of 60,000 is backed up by reams and reams of history and I am only the third owner.

I do realise it's a lot of money for one of these but I think when you see it you will realise why. You couldn't buy an average one and make it this nice and mechanically sorted for this money.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 11:40   #2
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Looks like it's a real unicorn car, as it were.

Just by way of helpful feedback (I hope), your pictures probably don't quite do it justice, with regard to location (lovely as your drive is, there are lots of shadows meaning it's hard to see the detail of the car), and I would also, for instance, give the slam panel a wipe and some blackening, just to freshen the under-bonnet area. Nothing to do with function, everything about perception.

Good luck with the sale, there's your buyer out there somewhere
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonefishblues For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 19:26   #3
simonwedge

Thanks for the feedback, now addressed.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 20:02   #4
Kev0607
Premier Member

Lovely car in fantastic condition.

If I may offer another suggestion. This is something that I look for in adverts, so I guess its more of a personal thing & many adverts I come across don't mention it... What's the reason for sale?

When I see a car like this in such fantastic condition, which has been cherished & clearly has had no expense spared, the first question I ask myself is "Why is he/she selling it?" You've put "needs absolutely nothing"... fair point, but if it needs nothing, it still leads me to the question why you're selling it!

The reason for sale might be a nice little addition to the advert, as trivial as it seems.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 07:37   #5
simonwedge

Kev, a fair point well made. It's too lengthy to put on the Autotrader ad but the reason is because a friend of mine bought a 5 Series BMW new in 2015 and he's about to change it. I've always liked the car and we've been all over the country in it on various adventures so I know it well. He offered it to me at a very good price and I said yes.

I see the BMW lasting me out my driving days, at least in terms of a car that has an internal combustion engine. The Volvo probably would as well but there's no escaping the fact that it's 15 years old now and as the years pass it will likely need more expenditure.

I also have a 1997 TVR that requires an ongoing program of maintenance which will keep me busy enough on that front.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 17:13   #6
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonwedge View Post
Kev, a fair point well made. It's too lengthy to put on the Autotrader ad but the reason is because a friend of mine bought a 5 Series BMW new in 2015 and he's about to change it. I've always liked the car and we've been all over the country in it on various adventures so I know it well. He offered it to me at a very good price and I said yes.

I see the BMW lasting me out my driving days, at least in terms of a car that has an internal combustion engine. The Volvo probably would as well but there's no escaping the fact that it's 15 years old now and as the years pass it will likely need more expenditure.

I also have a 1997 TVR that requires an ongoing program of maintenance which will keep me busy enough on that front.
I understand. Is there no space at all? Even something as simple as "newer car forces reluctant sale", or something along those lines.

Once again, best of luck with the sale & with your BMW. The 5 series are lovely... very stylish & smart.
Old May 9th, 2021, 09:14   #7
Paffel
VOC Member

I guess this one sold?

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote