Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Views : 23980

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2019, 09:58   #11
red1703

Default Registering SIM

Hi,

I recently took delivery of a new V90 but the dealer did not put the Vodafone 100gb SIM into the car.
They have subsequently sent it to me and I have installed it as per the instructions.
Everything appears to be working, however I cannot register it with Vodafone. I am connecting my phone to the car hotspot and then going to the link in the setup sheet, but when I click to register it says I need to be connected to the hotspot, which I am...
Any ideas? Thanks
red1703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 10:05   #12
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1703 View Post
Hi,

I recently took delivery of a new V90 but the dealer did not put the Vodafone 100gb SIM into the car.
They have subsequently sent it to me and I have installed it as per the instructions.
Everything appears to be working, however I cannot register it with Vodafone. I am connecting my phone to the car hotspot and then going to the link in the setup sheet, but when I click to register it says I need to be connected to the hotspot, which I am...
Any ideas? Thanks
Hi,

Assuming you've followed the instructions to the letter and are 100% attached to the in Car Wi-Fi when trying to access the websites to sign up then it should all work fine - If not, it may be worth a visit to a dealer (who should have set a few of them up by now) to have them run through it with you as its one of those things thats a bit tricky to explain/check over the phone or by email.

We have had another customer with similar issues, so not sure if its an issue with the registration process, so if your dealer can't get it up and running it may be something which needs referring to technical or Vodafone themselves.

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 10:31   #13
red1703

Thanks Mark

As I said, it does appear to be working but just the registration that's not working.

Will pop into my dealer and see what they say
Old Sep 14th, 2019, 15:47   #14
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1703 View Post
Thanks Mark

As I said, it does appear to be working but just the registration that's not working.

Will pop into my dealer and see what they say
Same problem with mine, done it a few times including with the dealer on the phone talking me through it and it fails to recognise on the Vodafone page that I am using the car wifi when I am so it refuses to set up an account even though I can web browse (but not use email) and can see the data usage going up, all on the SIM card. Bizarre!

Last edited by Discoman; Sep 14th, 2019 at 17:30.
Discoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 11:40   #15
molecular bob

I have the same issue, contacted Vodafone and they are firmly bouncing it back to Volvo saying it is their issue? The car is seeing the internet as it is using a little data, but not allowing any app access?

Do I need to have Volvo on call active to allow this to work? I have the app but keep forgetting to get my dealer to set it up.

As a short term fix I have an unused pre-loaded 3 card that i might be able to use, or will I hit the same problem with registration?
molecular bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 11:50   #16
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by molecular bob View Post
I have the same issue, contacted Vodafone and they are firmly bouncing it back to Volvo saying it is their issue? The car is seeing the internet as it is using a little data, but not allowing any app access?

Do I need to have Volvo on call active to allow this to work? I have the app but keep forgetting to get my dealer to set it up.

As a short term fix I have an unused pre-loaded 3 card that i might be able to use, or will I hit the same problem with registration?
The 3 Data payg sim should work without any registration.

tem.
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 18:36   #17
molecular bob

Just put the 3 sim in and running fine, so some Vodafone/Volvo issue.

Do you think the Voda rep was right about it being a Volvo issue? They said there was a know issue but wouldn't elaborate.
molecular bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 16:44   #18
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

Update on this;

Volvo are aware there is an issue and working with Vodafone to have it resolved ASAP, but no timeline at this moment.

I'll continue to update as and when I have any further information.

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 21:02   #19
Beavis
Premier Member

Thank you for this helpful thread - in particularly the APN settings. I Got my from a lease company in mid august and couldn’t work out why the internet was sporadic - I couldn’t work out with certainty if the net was working.
Took car to local dealer for another issue which was booked in on Saturday and mentioned the issue - they were very helpful - NOT - said i’d Need to refer back to the supplying dealer as “they only have a limited number of SIM cards” - even though i already had the SIM card installed, it just wasn’t activated.
Sat in the car for an hour fiddling tonight, and turned out the APN settings were setup incorrectly.
Changed them and It now connects to the internet, although i also have the same Vodafone account registration issue - allowed me to enter the name/address/user/password etc - clicked submit - but won’t recognise the user name and won’t reset/remind user or password. Pleased to see that i am not alone with this issue, so i’ll Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Thanks again for @MtillingVolvo for putting the APN settings up otherwise I’d have given up and foregone the 100gb usage.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 17:31   #20
red1703

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi,

Update on this;

Volvo are aware there is an issue and working with Vodafone to have it resolved ASAP, but no timeline at this moment.

I'll continue to update as and when I have any further information.

Kind Regards

Marc
Thanks Marc for the update

Still been unable to get this working. Spoke to Vodafone who were no help and told me to speak to Volvo. Spoke to Volvo who were no help and told me to speak to Vodafone

Hopefully they come up with a fix soon..