Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Very pleased with service at Murray Volvo in Glasgow

Views : 773

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2004, 08:30   #1
v6en
Master Member

Default Very pleased with service at Murray Volvo in Glasgow

Hi all,

Since good dealers are hard to find i have been shopping around for one since i bought my S40 T4. Murray Seafield in Edinburgh were reasonable, Murray in Hamilton were shocking ( technical knowledge abysmal) but Murray in Glasgow i am very impressed with, i've had a winter service and now my 53,000 mile service there.

benefits i found were:

* they give a 10% discount for VOC members
* the service guy may have formerly been a mechanic as his technical knowledge was good.
* when i said i would call them the following day to book my car in once i'd checked my diary, but didn't get the chance, they took the initiative and phoned me.
* courtesy car arranged no problem.
* my car was washed, dried and hoovered for me.
* they were very polite and helpful, which is a simple skill that some volvo dealers are losing business due to the lack of.

Finally some good service, the extra distance is worth it, i will be going back!

Lastly some good news, i think i have blown a manifold or turbo gasket due to the ticking noise, and he said those are covered by my extended warranty...thank God :)

jacqueline.
v6en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 18:23   #2
v70r-edinburgh

Default RE: Very pleased with service at Murray Volvo in Glasgow

Hi Jacqueline!
Pleased to hear you've found a good dealer in sunny Scotland! I've tried both Murray in Edinburgh and they were pretty useless on trying to remedy problems and general overall service. I took the car to Strathmore in Perth whom ive heard good stories about and they were worse! Cost a fortune for a service and MOT and got the car back UNwashed and with the petrol light on.... hmmm wonder what they'd been doing in it! Fair enough the car didnt have much fuel in it deliberately to begin with but it must have had a good "test run" to get the light on, and whats a quick skoosh with a power wash!! Anyway rant over!! Now.. is it Arnold Clark in Inverness or Murray Glasgow next!!!!
cheers for the tip anyway!
Keith.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 08:21   #3
sarge
Master Member

I always receive excellent service from Arnold Clark in Inverness and never take the car anywhere else.

Sarge
'99 V70 AWD
sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 18:03   #4
v70r-edinburgh

Hiya,
Yep, my father takes his to Arnold Clark in Inverness and has rated them highly, just a bit far for me perhaps!
cheers.