Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar Optimisation Deals?

Views : 21304

Replies : 175

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2021, 13:00   #131
Casa1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftlad View Post
Yeah, I know. That was the rubbish that most frustrated me, I just want them to be honest with me
How are you finding it, What car did you have it done on?

I had mine done about two weeks ago (S60 MY2020 T8). I'm a little unsure on the performance benefits, it certainly seems more "competent" and I'm finding the turbo cutting in and out not as noticeable. I find it feeling more like a NA engine than the turbo diesel punch of torque it had before, which is fine for a while but gets a bit annoying, particularly as I never seem to know how much I'll get, it seem to be more predictable now which is good. I'll be keeping it, I paid £499.00 from holdcraft in Stoke, done in abut 20 mins, didn't think I'd get a better deal than that. Plus Saga Insurance said no change in premium which pushed me to get it.
Casa1862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 17:22   #132
destone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casa1862 View Post
How are you finding it, What car did you have it done on?

I had mine done about two weeks ago (S60 MY2020 T8). I'm a little unsure on the performance benefits, it certainly seems more "competent" and I'm finding the turbo cutting in and out not as noticeable. I find it feeling more like a NA engine than the turbo diesel punch of torque it had before, which is fine for a while but gets a bit annoying, particularly as I never seem to know how much I'll get, it seem to be more predictable now which is good. I'll be keeping it, I paid £499.00 from holdcraft in Stoke, done in abut 20 mins, didn't think I'd get a better deal than that. Plus Saga Insurance said no change in premium which pushed me to get it.
Many owners report that P* on T8 is not as "life-changing" as on the T5. Installing P* on my S90 T5 (petrol) is the best decision I made.
destone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 10:04   #133
BroadwayBlueshirt

Was out and about for a day out with the Mrs on Monday so in no rush. The car returned 55mpg.

Got the Polestar installed yesterday from the brilliant Cameron Strathmore in Perth, so the 30 odd miles home down the M/W gave me a decent chance to see the difference. It`s like being permanently in Sport mode, though of course labelled 'Polestar Optimisation' in the drive selection now. I left it in 'Comfort' and didn`t use the P.O mode.

I`ll be on a 400 mile drive next week to Doncaster so will get a better feel for fuel consumption and othe drive modes.

But 1st impression is am very happy with it.
Old Sep 2nd, 2021, 12:38   #134
Handyandy2

Does anyone know if Polestar optimisation can be installed on the current B4 diesel mild hybrid? Has anybody had it done?
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 18:50   #135
BobaRob

I have the V90 D5 booked in on Friday to have the Polestar upgrade.

I called Direct Line to add the change to my policy and they have declined to quote. Their underwriters have recently changed and their risk profile has tightened. They would only consider it if fitted from factory, which as we know is not possible.

It’s Direct lines loss. My renewal is due in the next 2 weeks and it’s no longer with them. I have taken out a policy from LV that’s £130 cheaper.

It’s a winner for me, polestar and cheaper insurance. It pays to shop around.
BobaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 17:52   #136
Washwipe

Think someone’s pulling your chain, had the Polestar upgrade done to our D5 yesterday, expecting an issue when I saw the above post last night, even looked for a quote elsewhere, called Direct Line, they will cover it, an extra £8.46, found some change down the back of the sofa, all’s good.
Polestar upgrade £570.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 20:24   #137
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washwipe View Post
Think someone’s pulling your chain, had the Polestar upgrade done to our D5 yesterday, expecting an issue when I saw the above post last night, even looked for a quote elsewhere, called Direct Line, they will cover it, an extra £8.46, found some change down the back of the sofa, all’s good.
Polestar upgrade £570.
Or our poster comes up as being higher risk, perhaps?
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 20:48   #138
BobaRob

Hopefully I’m not a higher risk. The agent couldn’t add it as an engine software change and referred to their underwriter, who declined.

All good though, went with LV who were happy to quote and saved around 25% on the direct line non polestar quote.

Looking forward to polestar day in Friday.
BobaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 20:59   #139
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaRob View Post
Hopefully I’m not a higher risk. The agent couldn’t add it as an engine software change and referred to their underwriter, who declined.

All good though, went with LV who were happy to quote and saved around 25% on the direct line non polestar quote.

Looking forward to polestar day in Friday.
All manner of daft things (to us) can mark you out as in a higher risk category. It's how they roll!
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 20:15   #140
Washwipe

I was with LV back in 2012, had a Freelander 2, changed to a Discovery 4, they wouldn’t insure it, LV said the theft risk was to high and wouldn’t insure it.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote