Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Finding a part and number in Vida

Views : 538

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2022, 17:02   #1
fifthwheel

Default Finding a part and number in Vida

Hi all, how do I find a part diagram and part number in Vida. I gave up and rung Volvo parts they found it straight away from my description. I need the intercooler hose gasket for a XC90 diesel I looked everywhere. Thanks John.

PS I am sorted this time I have the number but would like to know for next time.
fifthwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 17:43   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

Once you have entered the vehicle details in VIDA there is a parts catalogue in the tool bar along the top of the page, open that and you will have a main menu of various groups of components, choose the relevant section and keep drilling down until you find the area that you want. I find it is not always logical and does need a little detective work to locate the part in question.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 17:56   #3
fifthwheel

I tried to find the part without the car connected but used the details left on the screen from last time. Maybe thats the reason I struggled a bit or maybe I am just thick?
fifthwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 18:20   #4
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthwheel View Post
I tried to find the part without the car connected but used the details left on the screen from last time. Maybe thats the reason I struggled a bit or maybe I am just thick?
I never have the car connected when looking for parts or workshop instructions.
Once I have opened VIDA I just enter the vehicle details manually and then go from there.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 18:30   #5
pinballdave

I've always used the details from the last scans and had no problems. But you do have to click 'OK' on the vehicle profile page.

It's really just getting used to the groupings of parts. While the turbo, manifolds, air filter, and throttle body are found under Engine - Intake and exhaust systems, where you might expect, Volvo have decided to group the intercooler with the cooling system, and so they are found under engine - cooling system - charge air cooler.

The parts dept have had years to get used to this, last time I was at my local dealer, they just typed the three digit 'function group' into the box provided and the parts diagram page came up straight away (265 for intercooler!).
pinballdave is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballdave For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 20:53   #6
Lancee
Premier Member

Is the search facility any good for this ?
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2022, 11:36   #7
MDS40

You can download a free parts and price list from skandix.
Google skandix price list.
Prices probably out of date but gives a rough guide.
Shows theirs and Volvo part numbers.
Useful for those without Vida.

Some previous cars include: Jaguar x type: Mazda 6 : Mazda 626: Ford Sierra 2.0: Toyota Celica ST 1600 : Hillman Avenger: Triumph Spitfire:
Oh and a Volvo 340 GL 1984 company car from new.
MDS40 is offline   Reply With Quote