Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Purchasing a 2018 V90 Momentum D4

Views : 1875

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2022, 19:59   #11
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

It's not showing any obvious signs that it's been repaired looks pretty clean tbh, if the other side and the back match this picture I'd say it looks ok,

Have you driven one yet? the car is lovely but only if you're after a relaxing cruiser, super hangon fans won't like the car because it's so relaxed, you'll find they hold the road well even if it feels like it won't, you'll notice a bit of lag as you pull away, you have to feather it in rather than go for it, the car glides off effortlessly but if you stamp on it it takes a deep breath before going off like a dog having it's temperature taken at the vets,

Brace yourself for the additional finance fee, it's in their T&C's and I'm sure you will find this hasn't been mentioned to you yet so's not to scare you off, if the car is all good it'll still make it the best value one out there right now, I wouldn't bother with their extended warranty as I'm pretty sure if it breaks you have to get it back to them, check anyway, you may find a Volvo dealer will do you a proper one that mirrors Selekt ones if they consider the cars history to be good,

Hope you find a good one waiting, let us know how it progresses and the final experience using CG.

Last edited by SnineT; Aug 9th, 2022 at 20:10.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 20:24   #12
Cozza
Cozza

Thanks SnineT! I’ll post an update at some point tomorrow.

Sleep 💤 fly ✈️ sun 🌞 🚘🤞
Cozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 20:38   #13
v40tompointer

Go all over the car, look under neath for overspray,check it don't pull to one side when driving straight in a straight line,rely on your satisfaction not the salemans, you cant see true paint condition from the standard photos.
Viewed some xc60s at Volvo Solihull, what a poor state some of the cars were in, bad paint jobs ,crap tyre brands fitted etc.
My previous V40 D4 bought from a Hinkley Volvo dealer was a previous owned Erac car (Enterprise rent a car) but was ok whilst i owned it.
Not long ago viewed a V90CC at Volvo Coventry, the whole of the offside side had been resprayed,(Volvo Selekt) i walked away,not paying £28k for that.
Bought my V90CC from Volvo leicester, i missed the taigate 'spoiler had been sprayed ,feels rough when rubbing my hand on the underside. along with the rear bumper but a 1 owner car although 1st registered in Scotland !!, mind you i also wouldn't want to buy a car with scuffs paint damage on.
Majority of 4 yr old cars are likely to have had some touch ups done.
Agree with SnineT basically a gentlemans armchair wafting you along.
Polestar helps the pull off lag,but its not the car if you want to race around.
v40tompointer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to v40tompointer For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 21:35   #14
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

As v40 says photos and even videos hide a lot of things, one car I looked at which would've been a distance buy the sales person kindly did me a video and when I asked for any scratches to be pointed out 18 different area's were pointed out and a small dent all this on a car they wanted £18k for with a supposed 30k on it, it was obvious it had been a cab as it checked out two mot's in one year and the damage was typical of disgruntled or clumsy drunks damaging it, I walked and was very grateful I had found someone who realised it was a waste of time dragging me to see it,

The steering you must allow for some drift on a cambered road, big cars tend to drift anyway naturally but if you feel it tugging at you constantly walk away,

It will feel huge when you first sit in it, you get used to it but it doesn't show you it's corners quite as much as other cars, also if you try out the ACC and Pilot assist assuming it has both don't let go of the wheel, it reads chevrons and all of a sudden you can left turn Clyde without wanting to, if you leave a relaxed hand on it it will still steer and you won't get nagged every 30 seconds, the acc is great but until you trust it it can be a bit whey hey! is it gonna stop in time and always be on the lookout for it disabling as it won't work where it can't find reference points on the road, this applies more to the pilot assist tbh but both will leave the room if the camera's don't have anything to follow, also if you are following at 20 mph behind a car and it leaves the road and you're set to 30 mph the car will charge on up to the set speed, this can catch you out at junctions and roundabouts so be aware the acc will only slow and match the car infront while it's still there, it won't break for you on approach to a clear roundabout, it's really good once you work it's limits out,

A problem right now is there is a shortage of good cars as well as cars in general meaning even main dealers are retailing cars they'd normally have classed as auction stock,

If you do buy it keep the leather supple, go to a shop and get some leather wipes and once a week do the seats but pay special attention to the getting in bolster edges and the overhangs, keep it nourished and it will move with you rather than having abrasion against you.

Last edited by SnineT; Aug 9th, 2022 at 21:45.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 15:07   #15
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

I don't know if you are browsing Coz but if you are how's it going, are you heading up the M1 home yet all smug and giving it the Queens wave to those ruffing it in their company Astra or Focus in the Crest of the Carriageway Land Yacht or locked in a battle with team CG?
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 23:17   #16
Cozza
Cozza

Thanks for asking! Home safe with my new to me V90. Feeling happy 😊. That was a long day - just back home after 440 mile drive up the road. I’ll post an update in the next day or so 🥱
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 23:49   #17
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozza View Post
Thanks for asking! Home safe with my new to me V90. Feeling happy 😊. That was a long day - just back home after 440 mile drive up the road. I’ll post an update in the next day or so 🥱

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slvGKU7HF6M

It all went ok then? did they knobble you for using your own finance, how was the drive home is she everything you imagined?
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 05:33   #18
ThomasC91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozza View Post
Enjoy. They're a beautiful car.
ThomasC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 13:18   #19
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Somebody after 4 days please go and tell Cozza it's time to come indoors and have a wash and something to eat, it's not good to spend 4 days in self isolation in your new car
Old Aug 16th, 2022, 16:09   #20
Cozza
Cozza

😂 I’m back after “getting to know my car” 😉. I’m loving it so far. It’s extremely smooth, quiet and an absolute delight to drive. The indicated, not actual, mpg on my 440 mile drive home was 56.1mpg - happy days.

First off, in general my experience with Cargiant has been fairly positive. I have a review to do for them, which will probably be a 7/8 out of 10.

The car was reasonably well prepared, for a car supermarket - clean inside, well vacuumed; wheels and tyres looking good and engine bay clean. It hadn’t been fully valeted but that doesn’t really bother me tbh. I’ve seen much worse prepared main dealer cars! I had a look over the car and a test drive, albeit only 5 mins round the block. I picked up some loose trim on the back of the rear seat backrest and an inoperable spare key fob. Both items were fixed there and then without an issue. The staff I encountered were very friendly and didn’t try to upsell anything or try to sneak in any extra costs - the price advertised was the price I paid.

I didn’t get a particularly great run back to Fife, due to accidents and traffic, but the car was great. I’m very impressed with the pilot assist on a longer drive. There was, however, one issue - “stop/start service required”. I was hoping that the fault would clear after the run home but alas no, even after almost a week it’s still there. I’ve raised this with Cargiant along with 2 other potential issues - the automatic rear parcel shelf doesn’t appear to work every time (but is currently working after I manually closed it up then put it back in the runners) and 2 or 3 times I’ve had what I can only describe as a “boing” sounding like a large spring somewhere on the near side but unsure if it’s front or back.

Within 12 hours Cargiant have come back saying they’ll pay for 1 hour of diagnostics at a VAT registered garage. I’ve yet to organise anything as I’ve got a lot on my plate the next couple of weeks but I wanted to log the faults with them early.

I’ve spent some time washing the car thoroughly and cleaning inside. Largely the car is in very good condition, actually better than the inspection report suggested. I’m thinking they had the apprentice assessor doing it - what was highlighted as chips turned out to be small grey contaminants on the paint which basically picked off. 😂

That’s my assessment so far. Thanks for people’s earlier inputs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cozza For This Useful Post: