Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 D5, are there 2x clutch sensor/cruise switches ?

Views : 358

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2022, 16:52   #1
Lancee
Premier Member

Default C70 D5, are there 2x clutch sensor/cruise switches ?

Does anyone know if there are two sensors/switches connected to the clutch pedal/cruise system on these cars ?

Is there a clutch position sensor AND a cruise control switch fitted somewhere ?

Having a problem with the cruise control not engaging and engine service required showing on dashboard. Cruise shows on display when steering button pressed, but cruise does not engage.

Codes were read with PPC dtc code reader which indicated a faulty position sensor. this was the only code stored and the only one to subsequently re-occur.

Clutch position sensor 31325388 under the bonnet has been replaced with new OEM part but the fault persists and same fault code re-appears.

Again, does anyone know if there is also a clutch pedal switch in addition to the position sensor ? Maybe near the clutch pedal or under the dashboard somewhere ? Could it be part no; 8691591 or similar? If so, where the dickens on the car is it !

Last edited by Lancee; Aug 8th, 2022 at 19:32.
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 20:10   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

after you press cruise and the message shows on the dim you need to press the plus button on the steering wheel control to engage cruise .touching the brake or pressing 0 will disengage it.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 20:36   #3
Lancee
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
after you press cruise and the message shows on the dim you need to press the plus button on the steering wheel control to engage cruise .touching the brake or pressing 0 will disengage it.
Thanks kindly Simmy, but I am aware of this. I also run a couple of V70 D5s and there is a further V50 in the family with cruise controls and I would expect the buttons on the C70 to work much the same. I have had some experience with failed clutch position sensors on the D5s but am struggling with this cruise control issue on the C70.

I am aware that the cruise should be enabled by the inputs that you suggest and in addition disabled/prohibited to engage by the operation of brakes/clutch etc or faulty sensors/switches, but I am troubled by the possibility of an additional, unknown to me, clutch switch, possibly added to the system during Fords ownership/guidance? I wonder if it is buried high up above the clutch pedal and so far impossible for me to see. Unless of course it isn't there at all, which is kind of what I am trying to establish !

According to online searches both of the parts/part numbers I have referred to earlier are fitted/available for C70 D5 manual cars and the physically differing parts are supposed to fit/be compatible with my car, images are available to view online.

I could do with a better code reader which would show the "buried" codes that ViDA would show, hence our earlier dialogue (currently considering the VIDA2GO).

Thanks for you reply/input.

Last edited by Lancee; Aug 8th, 2022 at 20:40.
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 06:18   #4
Simmy
Premier Member

sorry for the miss under standing abt c control. have you tried to contact any other members on here im sure some kind soul must have vida in your area. try joining some local volvo groups if there are any . i cant look on any of my cars they are all autos. i will do some research and ask some members of my local groups.. there is a facebook c70 owners group. might be worth an ask on there.

Last edited by Simmy; Aug 9th, 2022 at 06:22.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post: