Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 - T5 - Doors opening whilst driving

Views : 1160

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2022, 15:07   #11
sbk1972

Busy weekend so thought I would update this thread with what I did, findings.

Ok, so I removed the drivers lock this weekend. my door doesnt seem to close at all now, always ajar, or difficult to shut properly.

If you are removing the lock you also need to remove the handle as they are both connected by wires meaning it would be a night mare to remove just one inside the door. Removing the handle is easy. There is a screw locking in the `lock` part which you get to via the door / behind the rubber gromit. Some torq fitting but needs to be a long thin screwdriver type. You unscrew this 4/5 times, then level out the door key lock. Once out, the handle will pull all the way out and come away. There is then a screw on the other side which you unscrew and boom the handle is free.

The lock part comes away with 3 screw on the door. Easy. Make sure the window is up though before you do any of this.

So, feed the lock and handle out, there is still a cable in the door / door latch. so feed this out.

I toook mine out complete, regreased, cleaned noted down the part number and re installed. Now the reinstall took longer as it took me 5 mins to understand that the door handle has some small metal pegs that has to go over the door area to make sure it's flush with the door skin otherwise the door handle and lock wont install correctly. Once I worked this out, you put the handle in lock side first, make sure the metal guides are over the edge of the door skin, then push the front part against the door and it should screw up. Putting the handle in first is a pain but use your hand on the other side to feed it in. Dont put it in all the way as you've got to put it in, close the handle then push it in as the handle catch needs to go into the lock. Makes more sense if you read this whilst doing it :-)

Anyway, once in, lock goes in, cable to internal latch goes in, wire connector. done.

However ,didnt do a blind bit of difference and still my door doesnt close properly. I then spent ages against the lock, in / out, up and down, still rubbish.

Ive now found some new locks on AutoDoc and am checking to see if these fit my car. £45 each.

Simon
sbk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 15:09   #12
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Make sure you speak to Autodocs Technical Team
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 18:17   #13
sbk1972

Very good point bone. I'm waiting for them to reply

However .... I'm experimenting with tape on the door latch part that screws to the body and have cracked it

Uploading a pic. Tape has fixed it. I literally shut the door with the lightest or hardest of force and it shuts

Tremendous
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 10:48   #14
Piers41

Default same

I have a 2003 V70R which has developed a similar fault, door closes but doesn't switch off interior light or allow me to lock the door with out a few blips of the remote or turns of the key...anyone know a safe source for parts???
Looking for 30699752
Piers41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 11:04   #15
sbk1972

Autodoc came back to me and confirmed that these parts will fit my C70 Mk2 2006.

Article - 1361D0160 and 1361D0144

Both are compatibile with my car. Hoping that this might help others who have this problem. £40 per a lock, all new etc.

I found my tape appproach worked a treat. Both doors havent had any locking issues. It seems that the plastic in the lock latch wears out so putting tape on the body side of the lock, wrap it around both the sides as this part is in the shape of an L sorts the issue out.
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 11:49   #16
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Can you photo it?

If you change your mind re another C70, give me a shout btw
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 20:07   #17
sbk1972

Hi all.

Haven't seen any door issues since my tape trick. So seems to work. Wind electrical tape around the lock hoop on the body

Out of interest I've decided to keep my car lol. I had someone willing to put 2.5k in my hand but ....dman it..... I've fallen for it. I love driving it. Lol

So I've just ordered a service kit for it and will service it, get new tyres and keep it.

Simon