Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'07 S80 V8 AWD Low Miles

Views : 2156

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 23:18   #1
Graham63
Graham63

Default '07 S80 V8 AWD Low Miles

Sad news ... Apparently I have one Volvo too many. So, my much loved and fairly rare S80 V8, in the striking titanium grey metallic colour, needs a new home. Very presentable for a 15 year old car, super low mileage (59k) and very well maintained - just a couple of independent services by the previous owner, otherwise it’s been main dealers. The windscreen was leaking when I bought the car (a nice winter surprise) and that was sorted PDQ and for free by my local Volvo main dealer - thankfully no damage was caused by water ingress. I’ve had the car for 18 months, putting on 8k miles, and it's had 2 main dealer services during that time. Last October I fitted all new tyres on new r-design 18” wheels (correct size and offset), which I think really suit the car, and it had rear brakes disks and pads at the last service in March. Two new parking sensors fitted a couple of weeks ago, along with a new set of number plates, as the MOT tester didn’t like the old ones (that were delaminating). The MOT (Dec 21) also noted (as an advisory) corrosion on the rear coil springs, but the main dealer that had the MOT done for me (and who had the ideal opportunity to sell me new springs) said the springs were fine as it’s just surface corrosion. ??? I've just had the aircon properly replenished (I.e. evacuated and refilled with correct refrigerant) - no signs of any leakage and it blows ice cold if you want it, so all good there. Everything works as it should, and the V8 rumble always brings a smile, enabling smooth and swift progress when required. MPG on average gives about 22-23, but on a longer run, mixing A road and Motorway I’ve had more than 28 mpg, which gave me 400 miles on a tank :-). There are some minor blemishes on the 15 year old paintwork, but no dings or creases.
Yes, the tax is a bit steep, but insurance is cheap (for me) and I don't do enough miles to worry about the fuel bill (even now). I’ll probably regret selling the car, but it’s just sitting there on the drive. Serious enquiries only, please. Come and have a look and make me a sensible offer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (227.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (390.3 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg 05.jpg (296.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (389.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 09.jpg (164.8 KB, 102 views)
Graham63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 23:33   #2
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Oh that's gonna hurt, I'd have been running something like this 30+ years ago myself, constant fuel price increases along with the tax have killed these cars stone dead unless someone who does low miles but likes those low miles to be effortless and zorsty the market is limited for her,

Milton Keynes car originally so maybe a Volvo internal car at birth,

You know you'll be kicking yourself in ten years time when it's a real collectable and someone really wants one and is offering the Mona Lisa as a part swap, if you have the room I'd sorn it and put a cover over it and time capsule it, obviously somewhere dry,

Or if the coming apoxyclipse comes to be it will be a fantastic Mad Max car, all those Astra's and Golf's driven by tattooed leather clad Mohicans hanging out the sunroof with a big mounted full auto machine gun much like in North Africa today and won't stand a chance when you ram them into the weeds, don't forget the tyre shredder's on each alloy.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 08:42   #3
Graham63
Graham63

Thanks, ShineT, that should help, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Graham63 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 22:24   #4
volvoski

Is this on the six hundred a year road tax scheme?
Alfa Spider 916
Honda Jazz auto (sorry)
volvoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 18:32   #5
Graham63
Graham63

Default Reply to Volvoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoski View Post
Is this on the six hundred a year road tax scheme?
Yes, it’s a UK car, not an import - so it’s the top bracket for road tax. That’s £1.73 per day to look good and sound awesome …
The Following User Says Thank You to Graham63 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 09:48   #6
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham63 View Post
Yes, it’s a UK car, not an import - so it’s the top bracket for road tax. That’s £1.73 per day to look good and sound awesome …
Worth every penny I'd happily give up my daily Starbucks for that

Ok perhaps every other day Just got the fear thinking about a whole week without decent coffee

Last edited by griston64; Jul 8th, 2022 at 09:52.
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 12:54   #7
sharkman07

I did send a message asking the price please?
sharkman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 15:25   #8
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Worth every penny I'd happily give up my daily Starbucks for that

Ok perhaps every other day Just got the fear thinking about a whole week without decent coffee
Obvious anomaly is obvious here
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 19:12   #9
Existential Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham63 View Post
My old Saab was a big tax model but pay it monthly and its not even an extra tenner a week, small price to pay. I love the big Yammy developed lump, real oddball barge.
Existential Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 22:38   #10
Graham63
Graham63

Default Not enough points to PM …

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman07 View Post
I did send a message asking the price please?
Sharkman, I tried to PM you but apparently I don’t have enough points (30+). You can reach me at: ae.towcester@yahoo.com