Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

16" Refurbished Satellite Wheels

Views : 688

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2022, 18:32   #1
Jamesdc

Default 16" Refurbished Satellite Wheels

Hi All,

I not long ago bought these refurbished 16" satellite wheels from user @RollingThunder on the 30th January 2022. They look great and I used them (plus the all-season tyres) to go to the alps.

However, I have got the opportunity to buy a 1959 Wartburg 311 from the film "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" from a friend of mine, so could do with releasing some cash!

To quote the original advert:

"The tyres have done maybe 3k miles and again are damage free. I'll check the tread depth later if there is any interest. These Hankook K4S2s are one of the best all season tyres out there - see https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/...t-Overview.htm

This package cost me around £1k (yes, honestly) as the wheels were imported from Arizona (IIRC) as 16" Satellites were not offered in the UK, just the 17" ones. I specifically wanted the 16" US version for the better ride quality.

I'd be looking for at least £600 as the tyres currently cost around £65 each plus each wheel must be worth £100."

I have then done about 1200 miles on them so about 4.2k miles total. Tyres are still great.

I'd be looking for offers around the £500 mark to another forum member.

@RollingThunder please let me know if you want me to remove the pictures from the original advert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RefurbishedSatellites1.jpg (139.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg RefurbishedSatellites2.jpg (149.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Scotland6.jpg (146.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2734.jpg (35.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2956.jpg (270.6 KB, 12 views)
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 13:46   #2
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Absolutely no problem James. Hope they served you well.

GLWTS
The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 16:36   #3
Rich850R
Master Member

GLWTS

Think i said originally if they fitted over my APs id have them for winter wheels

Rare as hens teeth!!
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich850R For This Useful Post: