Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

eCall is malfunctioning , SOS Error , Key not detected

Views : 3954

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2021, 10:36   #11
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
This is just like 2016 all over again.
Yep. Was there and got the T-shirt.

Volvo's reliance on Google for their in-car systems is a major reason why I may not buy another Volvo.
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 11:51   #12
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Yep. Was there and got the T-shirt.
I am not sure if my favourite memory was my brand new car being trailered away 8 hours after I picked it up, or whether it was when the same fault recurred 6 weeks later when I 200 miles from home in South Wales.....

Luckily on the second occasion I had developed the battery reset method which got me home.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 16:03   #13
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
I am not sure if my favourite memory was...
There's so many to choose from. Mine might be the several weeks it took to diagnose the GPS and connection issues which led to two replacement comms boards. Or seeing it being put on a trailer after fumes entered the cabin and it became undriveable. I'm not going to even mention the paint issue; oh, wait, I just did!

Having said that, I do like my XC90 and recently it's been mostly reliable but there are still niggling issues with Spotify and pre-heating which sometimes just don't work.
Old Dec 6th, 2021, 08:47   #14
flacau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy1986 View Post
Hello, just wondering if you had an update on this please. Had my new XC40 for 48 hours and EXACTLY the same issue. Just waiting for a Volvo Assist technician to come to the house
I searched many forums for users with MY22 XC60, many have this problem.
In many cases a visit to the dealership, unplugging the 12 battery and wait for all modules to deplete their internal batteries(where available), and rewriting software for all modules will solve the issue.
From the looks of it it should be solved in the same day.

In my case this didn't work... they cannot find the TCAM module at all in my car, so the software cannot be reloaded .

It's unbelievable how many MY22 XC60 users cannot enter and start the car and need to call assistance after a few days or even hours after pick-up.
flacau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 16:39   #15
JimboDimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacau View Post
I searched many forums for users with MY22 XC60, many have this problem.
In many cases a visit to the dealership, unplugging the 12 battery and wait for all modules to deplete their internal batteries(where available), and rewriting software for all modules will solve the issue.
From the looks of it it should be solved in the same day.

In my case this didn't work... they cannot find the TCAM module at all in my car, so the software cannot be reloaded .

It's unbelievable how many MY22 XC60 users cannot enter and start the car and need to call assistance after a few days or even hours after pick-up.
Another post on this same issue from me here in South Wales, UK.

I picked up my XC60 T6 Recharge last Wednesday. Had this exact same issue last night, Saturday, whilst car was charging, sat on the drive at home.
Key fobs not detected/working, no link to car from App., red SOS error icon, eCall error message, but car starts up if key is placed directly on sensor in cup holder tray. Software is at version 2.2.

Volvo Assistance Technician arrived this afternoon (Sunday) and said it was down to a module that gets stuck after an update and Volvo are looking to have the update rollback if the problem occurs in future.
Anyhow, thankfully, the technician got it all working again without the need to tow the car away.

Uplugging the battery may force a correction, like rebooting a PC to fix an issue, but seems extreme to have new owners disconnect the various electrical systems to get the car going again.

I also wanted to say that my error occured after no rain or water on the TCAM Shark Tail aerial, it's been full sunshine since I picked the car up. Other threads suggested the problem was water ingress into the TCAM. The issue does seem to be software related. It just seems so awkward to try and fix and is SO frustrating on a brand new car.

Thank you @flacau for raising and following this issue through.
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 10:46   #16
whitehse46
whitehse46

Default Petrol Flap bladed key entry

New Volvo Cross Country V90. 14 days in E-call error. No gps no keys or remote opening.

Been using car with blade entry keys in centre console etc….. but has anybody got an easy way to open petrol flap.

It seems that I have no way to open it. Central locking doesn’t open it apparently only opens when fob entry is done ……..

Any ideas or do I have to take car apart to get to flap solenoid etc
whitehse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 11:27   #17
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse46 View Post
New Volvo Cross Country V90. 14 days in E-call error. No gps no keys or remote opening.

Been using car with blade entry keys in centre console etc….. but has anybody got an easy way to open petrol flap.

It seems that I have no way to open it. Central locking doesn’t open it apparently only opens when fob entry is done ……..

Any ideas or do I have to take car apart to get to flap solenoid etc
Pressing the Unlock switch on the drivers door to unlock all doors ?
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2022, 15:57   #18
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

If that does not work, disconnect the 12 battery negative terminal (boot on the left) and also the back up battery for the TCAM (far right of boot at the base of the seat) leave for a few minutes and reconnect the Back up battery then the 12v battery and that should bring it all back to life and give you back remote locking.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote