Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 940 Sports Edition

Views : 540

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 15:35   #1
~Goose~

Default Volvo 940 Sports Edition

​Volvo 940 Sport Edition
12 months MOT.
Partial service history and owner’s manuals etc.

I’ve owned this car since 2014, and has always been a really reliable car. It has been used for many bike trips, house moves, camping trips and many other adventures.
I would have no hesitation in jumping in it tomorrow and driving off to somewhere in Europe, it would take it in its stride.
The car has been fully serviced every year Ive had it on the road, and anything it’s needed has been done along the way.

The car was garaged from 2017 - 2019 while I was using my 740 instead.
The head gasket was replaced in August 2019 at 126k miles and a 531 head fitted, cambelt replaced etc.
During the most recent mot I had some patches welded in on the front wings/battery tray areas which are now solid.
Some surface rust has started to from on the bottom of the rear arches but they are solid so this could be rectified fairly easily.

Prior to my ownership the car had been involved in an rear end accident and was recorded as a Cat D.
All the car needed was a new rear bumper, the tailgate to be replaced and the boot floor/wheel well straightened which was done to a very high standard and all relevant dvla tests passed.

The car has numerous light scratches on the roof and on the drivers side with a few car parking dents. The bonnet is also marked and stone chipped in places.
The passenger side is better but still has a couple of marks and parking dents from careless drivers.
Sadly this colour on any 940 seems to suffer the worst from lacquer peel which this car has in places, mainly the roof, bonnet and wing mirrors.
Could do with a replacement windscreen trim, I’ve been trying to get one for months but always seem to get beaten to it, this one is complete so could just be bonded down.

The interior is pretty good, door cards are unwrinkled some damage to the lower parts door pockets on most door cards. Seats are in good condition.

I’ve tried to picture any flaws as best I can but can get more of anything else if needed.

Being a manual sport edition its already a rare car but this one also has many factory fitted upgrades as listed below along with a couple of tasteful oe mods it’s needed over the years.

Just gone over 142k
Full black leather interior with unwrinkled door cards.
“Wood” Trim
Black roller blind/cover.
Dog guard
Climate control (AC needs fixing)
Electric windows
Electric glass sunroof
Electric windows
Heated wing mirrors
Heated seats
Cruise control
Turbo plus
G80 Diff
Egg crate grill
Sport Spoiler
V90 rear wiper
Wind deflectors (marked)
Outside digital temperature display on dashboard
Galaxy alloys (set of five in need of refurb)
Manual M90L2 gearbox (lower mileage than the engine).
531 head fitted and head gasket done at 126k
Stainless exhaust from cat back

I was having a nightmare getting the pictures on the forum, they can be found in the following link: https://ibb.co/album/nPj3wV

I’m putting it up for £3000 with the Galaxy’s (set of five).
For that price it will also include a set of Adahara alloys with really good tyres and a set of replacement Bilstien dampers which where destined for this car.

Or no galaxy’s and £2500 for the car on the Adhara alloys with the spare Bilstien dampers in the boot.

The pics make it look better than it is up close, I’ve tried to describe its condition as best I can.
Like most cars of this age it will need some jobs doing to it but it’s a fantastic car and it will definitely be missed.

The car is in Southport. Can pickup any potential buyer from the train station.

Any questions send me a message.

Cheers

Andy
~Goose~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 11:54   #2
~Goose~

The car is now sold.
Thanks for all the interest.
~Goose~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Goose~ For This Useful Post: