Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

EGR delete kit for V40 D4 ?

Views : 2443

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 17th, 2021, 22:22   #1
DiogoAP

Default EGR delete kit for V40 D4 ?

Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 V40 D4 190HP and recently I had issues with EGR valve... It got cleaned twice, and the error remains. The valve only opens till 50% according to diagnostic machine.

All EGR replacements are too expensive here (reconditioned EGR costs 600 euros around here).

So I want to remove / delete EGR, but I can't find a delete kit that fits my engine.

Something like this (exemple of a BMW EGR delete kit):

Can someone help me find it?

Also, can someone clarify to me what engine I have? I heard it is "PSA", others say "Peugeot"... And someone already told me it is exact the same engine as Peugeot 508.

Thank you so much in advance for all the help, and I'm sorry for all my ignorance.

Cheers
DiogoAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2022, 09:48   #2
Berocca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogoAP View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 V40 D4 190HP and recently I had issues with EGR valve... It got cleaned twice, and the error remains. The valve only opens till 50% according to diagnostic machine.

All EGR replacements are too expensive here (reconditioned EGR costs 600 euros around here).

So I want to remove / delete EGR, but I can't find a delete kit that fits my engine.

Also, can someone clarify to me what engine I have? I heard it is "PSA", others say "Peugeot"... And someone already told me it is exact the same engine as Peugeot 508.

Thank you so much in advance for all the help, and I'm sorry for all my ignorance.

Cheers
Just a blanking plate required - https://d5t5.com/eshop/detail/41/egr-zaslepka-2-0d

D5T5 have a software mod to Remap and remove EGR also - you will need a VEDA (or clone also)
Berocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2023, 01:08   #3
Craigtange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogoAP View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 V40 D4 190HP and recently I had issues with EGR valve... It got cleaned twice, and the error remains egr delete kit near me. The valve only opens till 50% according to diagnostic machine.

Cheers
Hello. It seems that cb engineering is out of stock and no longer answering emails or phone calls.. Is there anyone else that makes a full egr delete kit for a 2014 gl350? If not, hopefully there's someone out there with the know-how to walk me through fabricating my own kit. I'm a machinist and have access to whatever I need to fabricate a working kit. I'm getting to the point with my vehicle that I would pay for the extra help if needs be. Thanks in advance!
Craigtange is offline   Reply With Quote