Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars > T5/R Registers

Notices

T5/R Registers Forum for the T5, T5R and R model registers.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

c30 performance upgrade

Views : 3058

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 16th, 2018, 13:24   #1
Woz27

Default c30 performance upgrade

Hello,

I'm the owner of a 2009 Volvo C30 Se Sport D, 1997CC Diesel which has plenty of power for my daily road use but I'd like to get on the track.

Other than a engine re-map and dyno tune which I'll be getting done next month what else can I do to improve handling and speed? Are there any tuning shops users on this community would recommend? Ideally in the midlands but I dont mind traveling. The exhast box is rotten so I'm going to use that as an excuse for some t5 style twins

This car still needs be able to negotiate town center traffic and speed bumps so I want the best of both (don't we all!)

I was looking at some induction kits but I've never driven a car with one do they make everyday driving unbearable?

Thanks in advance
Woz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 14:40   #2
domhart10
Volvo S40

bar the remap which is a given and will transform the car have a look at MTE / Shark which people usually use. I used Demon Tweeks which isnt too far from you and still run the same map 2.5 years on and still love it.

You can look at the Focus ST225 Intercooler upgrade which I defenitly advise for track day to aid cooling.

For handling I will list the few below.
Best thing for grip is to ditch the skinny standard tires and get 235 / 40 this will make a huge difference.

For handling, if you are going cheap I would get the hardrace sway bar and eibach lowering coils. If you are looking at coilovers this will make an incredible difference in handling as well and are leaps and bounds better than the normal dampers coils ... I have the bilestein B12 kit on mine and could recommend it more.

For power unless you are goin expensive I would just get the remap and a k&N filter and not really bother with the induction.

With exhaust, if your box is rotting have a look at some jetex systems to replace yours

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 16:06   #3
Woz27

Thanks bud!

That shopping list will keep me busy for a while! I am hoping to get it on the track as is to get a time before and after I have been tinkering with it.

MOT is up soon though so the exhaust will have to be the first thing ... and the remap of course.

Woz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woz27 For This Useful Post: