Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1985 Volvo 360 GLS - Great Condition & Fully Recomissioned

Views : 6300

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 16th, 2022, 10:32   #1
SteveP
300 Maniac

Default 1985 Volvo 360 GLS - Great Condition & Fully Recomissioned

With some reluctance my 1985 GLS is up for sale - a case of one too many 360's!

I’ve owned the car since 2015 after purchasing it from Essex from this forum, whose mother had owned it but had sadly passed away. Superficially, the car looked in excellent condition but had been used sparingly since around 2007 and would no longer run. Having owned various 300 series Volvo’s over the years, I prioritised the rust free bodywork over the mechanicals and decided to purchase it.

The following work has been completed as part of the fairly extensive recommissioning:
- Non running issue caused by stale petrol, including a gummed up inlet valve and internal rust in the petrol tank (now replaced)
- Cylinder head cleaned, skimmed & refurbished at Chesman Engineering, Coventry.
- Elring cylinder head gasket
- New water pump
- New genuine Volvo cambelt
- Replaced upper and lower radiator hoses from Born Built Beauties
- Replaced all radiator hose clips with stainless t-clamps
- New genuine Volvo thermostat
- New spark plugs & leads
- Carb cleaned & rebuilt with new gaskets, diaphragms & float (spare float included)
- Replacement fuel tank from another '85 360 GLS & replaced all original braided fuel hoses with SAE spec rubber hose and stainless p-clips. Painted with POR-15 before reinstalling.
- New stainless hose clamps from fuel filler neck to fuel tank
- Removed surface corrosion and painted gearbox crossmember in POR-15
- Replaced choke cable with good used
- Replaced fuel tank sender with good used
- 14" 'Leo' Mk2 GLT wheels powder coated and fitted with new Khumo “Ecowing” 185/65/14 tyres. Spare 5th ‘Leo’ also included as well as steel spare wheel and tyre in the boot.
- Replacement good used correct '406' Renix ignition module
- Replaced both rear wheel cylinders and OSR flexible brake hose
2x Oil Change & Genuine Volvo Filter
- New Door Handle seals from Born Built Beauties
- Gearbox oil Kroon ATF/A and diff oil
- Replaced rear silencer with good used

Finished in “Ocean Blue” metallic paint with black pin stripe and grey velour interior, I’d describe the bodywork as exceptional with only a few marks that are barely noticeable. Being picky, the worst being a small car park ding in the nearside rear door and a scuff on the corner of the front bumper. The car is free of rust in all of the usual places these 300’s suffer, it’s never been welded and the underside has been waxed by the previous owner from early on in the car’s life. Some of this could do with being re-applied but it has preserved the underside well.

- B200K 2.0 engine with Solex Cisac Z11 Carburettor
- 5 speed gearbox
- Gear change-up indicator
- Tilt/Slide steel sunroof
- Grey velour upholstery
- Period Pioneer KE-1300 head unit, fader control and Pioneer front and rear speakers
- Front fog lights
- ‘Volvo’ floor trays
- 2x sets of keys and 2x ‘Moss’ alarm keyfobs
- Additional under bonnet and boot floor sound insulation
- ‘Volvo’ locking wheel nuts & 2x keys
- MOT until 2nd August 2023, no advisories noted

Have used the car locally since the first lockdown and to/from local shows and it drives nicely. I am located in North Warwickshire, near Coventry and welcome any test drives/inspections with the relevant insurance. Any questions, additional video/photographs, please PM me.

Looking for around the £4000 mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1985-volvo-360-gls-62b9cc3608100.jpg (143.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 1985-volvo-360-gls-62b9cc3608971.jpg (142.3 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 1985-volvo-360-gls-62b9cc360a000.jpg (140.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 1985-volvo-360-gls-62b9cc360a770.jpg (93.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 1985-volvo-360-gls-62b9cc360d5a5.jpg (125.4 KB, 82 views)
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 11:40   #2
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I met Steve a few years ago and saw this 360 in the metal, from what I could see it was a stunner back then before it was even finished. I guarantee any prospective buyers will have a hassle free sale from Steve as he is a great guy who seriously knows his 360's.

This car is well worth every penny of the 4k asking price especially with all of the work that has been done to it.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 14:14   #3
SteveP
300 Maniac

Thanks for the kind words, I hope the 900 world is treating you well!
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 16:18   #4
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Now there's something you don't see everyday!

I was loaned one of these for a day and it wouldn't go over 50mph and was very slow to take up anyway, it was a px and the only thing the dealer had while mine was being sorted,

I think eventually this will be a classic in its own right, not many will survive and the quirky/unusual look of it will appeal,

The car looks a right credit to your endeavour mate.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 20:04   #5
BorderVolvo

That looks lovely.

GLWS
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 17:20   #6
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
Now there's something you don't see everyday!

I was loaned one of these for a day and it wouldn't go over 50mph and was very slow to take up anyway, it was a px and the only thing the dealer had while mine was being sorted,

I think eventually this will be a classic in its own right, not many will survive and the quirky/unusual look of it will appeal,

The car looks a right credit to your endeavour mate.
That was either running very badly or was a 1.4 340 that was still running very badly. A 360 has nearly 120hp and weighs a tad over a ton, they're a very nippy car due to the torquey redblock so they're no slouch. I sold mine last year after 9 years of ownership and it was great fun to drive, especially with wider wheels and wider semi slick tyres as it made the handling insanely good! It went around corners better than a 36 year old car has any right to.

There are less than 1000 360's in the UK so they're already a rare classic car, the 340 is still plentyful although getting harder to find by the day, the drifters killed plenty of these off over the last ten years or so.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 16:30   #7
SteveP
300 Maniac

Yeah, no trouble getting up to speed with this! Very torquey - I prefer this high compression B200K carb engine over the injected version in my GLT in all honesty!
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 16:20   #8
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
That was either running very badly or was a 1.4 340 that was still running very badly. A 360 has nearly 120hp and weighs a tad over a ton, they're a very nippy car due to the torquey redblock so they're no slouch. I sold mine last year after 9 years of ownership and it was great fun to drive, especially with wider wheels and wider semi slick tyres as it made the handling insanely good! It went around corners better than a 36 year old car has any right to.

There are less than 1000 360's in the UK so they're already a rare classic car, the 340 is still plentyful although getting harder to find by the day, the drifters killed plenty of these off over the last ten years or so.

I think iirc at the time it stank of a bad accelerator linkage/cable, it felt like full throttle was half throttle and a bit sluggy off the line as well, it was a px and all they had to lend me for the day so I just made do, car looked like it had never been loved faded red, sun scorched cloth and just generally a not looked after example, think it might have been a 245 *(scrub that deffo not a 245)* but it was basically the same shape as the OP's superb example, I'm not well up on the Volvo history and numbering tbh, the P1800 only gets remembered as it was the Saint car and a really stand out example of it's era.

Last edited by SnineT; Jul 19th, 2022 at 16:24.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote