Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Roof Trim

Views : 1351

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2006, 13:17   #1
NigelM

Default Roof Trim

Hello All

I am a new member today, I picked up my S60 at the weekend but was a bit miffed when one of the roof trims came detached on the way home whilst doing 80mph down a dual carriageway it flew into the central reservation where I guess it still is, now it was pretty windy on Saturday but it's a bit worrying
Has anyone else had this problem?

I had the car paintguarded when I bought it and I guess they took them off for that and didn't put them back on properly.

Other than that great car, great forum!

Cheers

Nige
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 16:06   #2
A- W

Hi and welcome.

Sorry have no idea about the roof trim.
Have you tried the search? One of the best parts of this forum.
A- W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 17:05   #3
NigelM

Default Roof Trim

Yep had a look couldn't find any others so maybe just a freaky accident anyway dealer is putting a new one on tomorrow along with new leather panel on drivers seat.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:46   #4
blues60
My car is blue

Nigel, while your at it, check the painted trims that run down either side of the rear window. The paint is prone to bubbling up near the top where it joins the roof trim. Maybe worth tapping up the dealer if it's bubbling, while they are in a generous mood!
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 13:45   #5
TJMurphy
VOC Member

Hi Nigel - and if they're being really nice then I'd like to know how much they'd cost to replace (another car with bubbling on their strips!)

Tony
TJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 14:26   #6
gesme

Default Roof trim

This happened to my 2001 S60 about 3 years ago. Had to have a new screen when on hols in France. When I came back and had car serviced I mentioned that I could not open the boot as the trim appeared too far down. They did it but the next day on the motorway, the nearside trim dissappeared. I took it back, they replaced it and wanted to charge me an extortionate amount of money. I refused as it had been a fault I asked them to put right at service. They then tried to tell me it was the fault of the windscreen company who hadnt fitted them properly due to a build up of adhesive under the trim. Whilst I conceded this could have been the reason, it was superceded by their involvement and they didn't check it properly. The next day the other one came off!
gesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 09:47   #7
NigelM

Default Roof Trim

Hi Guys thanks for the response I will ask the dealer how much they are and check the rear screen trim.

I'm getting a bit grumpy now as they have had the car 3 days and I want my new toy back! they have given me an S40 which is OK but not as good as the S60 in my opinion (hope that doesn't start a slanging match)

Nigel
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 20:25   #8
NigelM

Smile roof trim

Hi all

Quick update: Couldn't get a price on the roof trims as I was dealing with the sales dept and they don't know about these things apparently.

Good news is they've changed the trims around the back window aswell and as the car has been in for 3 days they noticed the front tyres were a bit worn so have put a new set of Pirellis on for me!!!!

One happy bunny

Old Jan 9th, 2008, 22:49   #9
zinzan

Default roof trim

Hi all,

This is my first post. Im a new S60 owner and have just registered to get some new info and understand this car a little. Looks like a busy and useful forum!

Just picking up on the thread above - my trim has dissapeared today as well! Very disheartening as it makes the car look rubbish. Does anyone know the price or the part name / number for this trim? Mines the dawn blue colour - in case this makes a difference.

Cheers,

Zin.
zinzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 19:35   #10
wgs60

Default S60 Roof Trim coming off

I got my S60 18 months ago and on the way home the roof trim sprung loose at the front drivers side when I was doing 70mph. Luckily, it was prevented from coming right off by pushing up against the side mirror. Took the car back immediately and the dealer noticed that one of the small blue clips that hold the trim on to the roof was missing. He ordered me a brand new trim and new clips and fitted them a few days later. The new trim comes from a Volvo parts dealer - finished, the same colour as the car and complete with new clips.

The new trim has not come off. The problem must have been the missing clip. Make sure every clip is fitted!

Anyway, happy motoring.
wgs60 is offline   Reply With Quote