Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

winter wheels and tyres

Views : 1707

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 11th, 2013, 15:16   #21
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmawatson061 View Post
Hi, Gyus I think the price is quite high, am i right?
Well we don't know until we get some photos

If they are manufacturers wheels with tyres specified that have done less than 2000 miles then they may be worth a near offer..New steel wheels by car maker can cost well over £100 each. Winter tyres of the make specified will be around £100 new

Second hand steel wheels can be had for as little as £10 each if you can find Ford Modeo wheels will fit your car

Winter tyres, 2nd hand at that mileage undamaged, half pricenew worth a punt

What I would not do is buy alloy wheels made by other makers/sellers cos that can cause all sorts of trouble with your insurer

Good place to get an indication of price is to look here

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/winter-tyres

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/Winter_Tyres.html

Often buying and paying online with appointment arranged to call for fitting brings savings. Kwik Fit doing 25% off winter tyres till end Oct I believe

I had set of 4 Volvo 16" alloys with virtually new Continental summer tyres on offer here down to £350. No takers but eventually sold the tyres locally for £100 and wheels (like new) went for £80 each

All depends on condition IMHO

Car breakers can often come up with a good set of alloys and tyres but invariably you'll need to buy winter tyres and pay fitting etc which makes steels with winters already fitted worth a punt
961 is offline   Reply With Quote