Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Honestly raging!!!!

Views : 1807

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2014, 19:11   #1
V40owner

Angry Honestly raging!!!!

So today after a long wait due to work related issues and parts missing i managed to get my rear calipers fitted,bled and working,only to find myself putting the tyres back on,take the car for a short drive and realise that something is rubbing in the front left arch or brale shield!!!!

As if that wasnt enough decided to remove the old wiper blades and spray some.wd40 to ease off some stiffness and rust in them,all fine until this point, decided then to pop the bonnet up and mount the black grill only to hear the bonnet going up and rubbing against something and then some sort of impact.......yep i opened up the bonnet with the wiper arms still up and one of them rubbed against the bonnet and dropped down causing a massive cracl at the bottom of my windscreen,car is on sorn so big £££££ to get this ones fixed.....honestly one problem after another ffs
V40owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 19:15   #2
Orca2
I've Been Banned

I sympathise mate, some days you just wish you had stayed in bed.
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 19:21   #3
gudgeonpin
I've Been Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by V40owner View Post
So today after a long wait due to work related issues and parts missing i managed to get my rear calipers fitted,bled and working,only to find myself putting the tyres back on,take the car for a short drive and realise that something is rubbing in the front left arch or brale shield!!!!

As if that wasnt enough decided to remove the old wiper blades and spray some.wd40 to ease off some stiffness and rust in them,all fine until this point, decided then to pop the bonnet up and mount the black grill only to hear the bonnet going up and rubbing against something and then some sort of impact.......yep i opened up the bonnet with the wiper arms still up and one of them rubbed against the bonnet and dropped down causing a massive cracl at the bottom of my windscreen,car is on sorn so big £££££ to get this ones fixed.....honestly one problem after another ffs

Perhaps in your case leaving it to the professionals might be the wisest option
gudgeonpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 19:26   #4
V40owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudgeonpin View Post
Last time i allowed professionals to touch my car the new cat converter that they fitted came loose and the oil filter was slack.

Not moaning that i cant do the job,simply a distraction and lack of time sometimes ruins your day
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 19:33   #5
V40owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudgeonpin View Post
Last time i allowed professionals to touch my car the new cat converter that they fitted came loose and the oil filter was slack.

Not moaning that i cant do the job,simply a distraction and lack of time sometimes ruins your day
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 21:04   #6
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca2 View Post
I sympathise mate, some days you just wish you had stayed in bed.
We all have them lol I was fitting some headlights in the other day had to push the air con pipe back out the way to get to the bolt,and the air con pipe split which resulted in a scene from ghostbusters.nothing I could do either
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 21:17   #7
OvlovS70
Still a learning member

Hello,
I too sympathise with you, what a right pain.
Guy a know who runs an S Type decided to change the three 'buried' spark plugs earlier in the week, so it's manifold out the way and so on. Gets them fitted, fires up, for all 30 seconds when his son shouts, your loosing coolant; he had split a pipe connector, cue new part - £70 odd from Jaguar!

Or the tale of one of my friendly Independant Volvo mechanics. Used to drive BMW's. He ran a three series and treated himself to some M Sport mirrors. But they didn't fit quite right and as he hit the button for the electric windows to close he realised his error instantly in a car crash style moment; the windows dragged the mirror housing upwards gubbing them and his cars electric window regulators - ouch.
This is the same guy who tried to carbon fibre wrap the bonnet on an S60R he had, cue the air bubbles!
Cheers
OvlovS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OvlovS70 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 21:25   #8
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Air bubbles lol,have you ever tried tinting youre windows youreself,you think great I've got the film for £20 a craft knife I've read the instructions a hundred times I'm good to go an hour later one window with film on full of bubbles out comes the sponge and credit card lol,then you tear it and cry ,then the proffesional tint man comes out and does it in 3 minutes flat all perfect,and makes it look so easy
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 21:31   #9
Orca2
I've Been Banned

One of the guys I work with had some timber on his roof rack held on by bungees,as he struggled to unclip one he let go the end , which shot away and bounced back smashing the side window, the day before,he closed the tailgate on a worktop,simultaneously breaking both the front and back windscreens, three busted windows in one week , god its good to be alive!
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 21:34   #10
OvlovS70
Still a learning member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
Air bubbles lol,have you ever tried tinting youre windows youreself,you think great I've got the film for £20 a craft knife I've read the instructions a hundred times I'm good to go an hour later one window with film on full of bubbles out comes the sponge and credit card lol,then you tear it and cry ,then the proffesional tint man comes out and does it in 3 minutes flat all perfect,and makes it look so easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca2 View Post
One of the guys I work with had some timber on his roof rack held on by bungees,as he struggled to unclip one he let go the end , which shot away and bounced back smashing the side window, the day before,he closed the tailgate on a worktop,simultaneously breaking both the front and back windscreens, three busted windows in one week , god its good to be alive!
Thanks guys
Those recollections made me smile. Sorry for the persons involved of course!
OvlovS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvlovS70 For This Useful Post: