Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 LpgTech

Views : 1588

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 30th, 2022, 10:43   #1
TomW

Default V70 LpgTech

Bought a year September 2000 V70 Mk2 with what I think is an Lpgtech conversion as several parts under the bonnet are made by LPGtech, a Polish company.

The changeover fuel gauge they have located by the gearstick reads full all the time illuminating all four green bars until it suddenly flashes empty and automatically switches over to petrol. I would have expected the gauge to display two green bars when half full but no, when it's empty it switches straight over to petrol with no warning the LPG tank is getting low. The button doesn't have a positive feel to it either with no indication on starting up whether it's in position ready to change to gas once warmed up.
Pic attached of fuel gauge switch and installation. Is this lpg fuel gauge easily sortable?

While on the subject of the dash, the cruise control doesn't work nor does the high beam blue light come on after flipping the dip stalk up. The lights remain dipped in all three positions on the switch on the right of the dash. The only way to put lights onto high beam is to hold the stalk up and the blue light illuminates. I don't want to interfere with too many electronics to sort out these minor problems for fear of upsetting the running of the lpg.
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 11:11   #2
TomW

Pictures attached of installation and lpg gauge
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 11:53   #3
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Not to want to upset anyone but LPG is starting to be decommissioned at petrol stations, Shell is also removing its Hydrogen equipment as well as it's not cost effective.

Tom don't play with it if it's running ok, it's 22 years old now and the last mate I knew ran on LPG in an Omega had to sell it in the end as he simply couldn't get it fixed when it started to play up at 120k, leave well alone is the saying I believe.

Try a new stalk.

Last edited by SnineT; Oct 30th, 2022 at 11:56.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 12:21   #4
TomW

Totally agree about not playing with it and upsetting anything that just could be linked up to electrics working the lpg.
She's done 240k, purrs like a Volvo and could be good for another 100k with oil changes etc.

Morrisons LPG is just up the road for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to TomW For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 14:32   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Main beam is most likely the relay

The level gauge, I don't fit my cars with one as they only give a vary vague idea of fuel level. Fill up every time and reset the trip, you will get roughly the same number of miles and if it suddenly drops it gives you a good idea that there is a problem. Once the system has first kicked back you can get a few more miles further on part throttle.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 22:15   #6
zoidberg
Master Member

Just go on their website and buy a new switch, don't cost alot, it might just be faulty. Mine occassionally says full then go around a corner and it shows just one green light.Iusually fill up on one green or wait for red light light to come on. https://lpgshop.co.uk/lpg-petrol-switch/

Last edited by zoidberg; Nov 14th, 2022 at 22:29.
zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote