Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY22 order cancelled

Views : 4865

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2022, 11:25   #21
distantvoice

XC40 R design T4 with Karman and climate pack. Just about to order the new Qashqai. £12k cheaper, has more toys, Bose, head up display, autoparking etc, with me in 5 months. I liked the look of the Volvo but sometimes when you are treated so poorly it grates giving your money to a supplier , especially when they want even more of it. Also if there are any issues downtrack, its clear that Volvo will make the customer pick up the collateral damage, so there it would be folly I believe to trust any delivery forecasts.
distantvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to distantvoice For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2022, 13:21   #22
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantvoice View Post
XC40 R design T4 with Karman and climate pack. Just about to order the new Qashqai. £12k cheaper, has more toys, Bose, head up display, autoparking etc, with me in 5 months. I liked the look of the Volvo but sometimes when you are treated so poorly it grates giving your money to a supplier , especially when they want even more of it. Also if there are any issues downtrack, its clear that Volvo will make the customer pick up the collateral damage, so there it would be folly I believe to trust any delivery forecasts.
If you're ordering a Quashqui, and no longer interested in purchasing a Volvo, are you still proceeding with the legal case ?
Presumably, if you won, you would be entitled to either your losses, which you won't have incurred, as they have returned your deposit, and you aren't buying a newer spec Volvo, at an inflated cost, or Volvo would be forced to fulfil your original contract, which it sounds like you no longer want.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2022, 13:05   #23
distantvoice

I have taken the pragmatic/stress free option. Fallen out of love with the Volvo brand, who as it happens still haven't returned my deposit. Next time I see those trusty adverts with wise old men with gravelly voices, my mind will instead think Micky Pearce in disguise. For me, the price increases in a looming recession make the XC40 very overpriced, as good as it is.
distantvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to distantvoice For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 14:45   #24
Mick JS

Default XC90 cancelled

Ordered Oct 21, xc90 Inscription Pro, to replace my V90. Ticked all boxes for every extra. Paid dealer deposit. In February was given a build of early May and delivery of 26th May.
Emailed dealer week before delivery to ask for invoice so it could be paid ready for collection. Rang me back 10 mins later to say the car is cancelled, nothing they can do. They still have my deposit and ignoring my emails.
What makes them think they can retain my business after such poor customer relations, I've still to get my deposit returned
Mick JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 15:16   #25
Giles11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick JS View Post
Ordered Oct 21, xc90 Inscription Pro, to replace my V90. Ticked all boxes for every extra. Paid dealer deposit. In February was given a build of early May and delivery of 26th May.
Emailed dealer week before delivery to ask for invoice so it could be paid ready for collection. Rang me back 10 mins later to say the car is cancelled, nothing they can do. They still have my deposit and ignoring my emails.
What makes them think they can retain my business after such poor customer relations, I've still to get my deposit returned
This is shocking service. Assuming your deposit is no more than 10k I would start a claim in the small claims court.
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 15:53   #26
TaffyJerseyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick JS View Post
Volvo dealers are having a torrid time of it at the moment as 1) they get no warning from Volvo themselves until an order is physically cancelled by the factory, 2) this is happening a lot right now and 3) its left to the salesperson to share the news neither they nor the customer want to hear so be mindful of the grief they are experiencing left, right and centre when complaining to them. The cancellation really isn't their fault.

Having said that, how they choose to deal with the matter is down to them and its not good if they are not returning your mails. Volvo have failed to honour the contract of sale brokered by your dealer and you are entitled to your deposit back.

I would call and ask to speak to the sales manager or dealer principal. Offer to stay on hold until they are free or give them an hour to call back. Also, open a complaint with Volvo UK. You could mention you will take your case to the motoring or consumer press if your mails continue to go unanswered.

With regards refunds, depending on the method of payment and which clearing company the dealer uses it can take anything from 3 to 10 working days to appear back on your credit card or bank account. If you paid by credit card you could also open a case with the card company if you don't get anywhere.

Good luck!
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 16:42   #27
DoaM

Looks like my order has been cancelled by Volvo UK. 🙄

(Mine's a new company car, so no deposit paid by me).

Last edited by DoaM; Jun 1st, 2022 at 16:50.
DoaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 17:03   #28
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoaM View Post
Looks like my order has been cancelled by Volvo UK. 🙄

(Mine's a new company car, so no deposit paid by me).
Oh god all these cancellations, I had an email from my dealer yesterday to say my S60 PE is due to be built next week... Hopefully it will still get built!
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 13:39   #29
Tony H

Quote:
Originally Posted by distantvoice View Post
For me, the price increases in a looming recession make the XC40 very overpriced, as good as it is.
The XC40 has been overpriced from day one - to say it was supposed to be a replacement for the V40. Having a starting price circa 10k more than the V40 was just silly.

Then when it came to the electric C40 I can't fathom how they priced it higher than a Polestar 2 even though they are essentially the same vehicle (and the Polestar had more toys as well)
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 17:37   #30
smithsc

Had a phone call from my dealer this week to say my MY22 S60 PE has a VIN number and will be completed this week

I just have to wait the 7 or so weeks for it to come from America now
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote