Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 74170

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2021, 23:03   #21
My22xc60

XC60 R-Design Pro B5P ordered in July.

Still on track, so far, to be built the week beginning 22nd November with delivery at some point after that date.
My22xc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 15:20   #22
Harni

Ordered my V60 R Design T6 October 14th. Been given a rough delivery of end of March.
Not sure if it makes any difference to the delivery time but gone with these options

Harmon Kardon
Pilot assist
360 camera
Shadow headlights

All confirmed so far with nothing being dropped off…yet!
Harni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 17:15   #23
Ashj66

V60 B4D R-Design - Order placed 1st September and picking it up tomorrow, dealer was fairly confident it would arrive by mid November.
Ashj66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 18:18   #24
Mrb1203

At the beginning of August my dealer found a factory complete XC60 T8 R Design Pro with everything I wanted, BLIS, 360 Camera and a few other toys, the original delivery date was quoted as 1st October, which came and went, the next window I was given by the dealer was 10th to 14th of the same month, this came and went as well without the car arriving.

I wrote to Volvo Customer Relations who finally gave in and told me the car is still in Xi'an China and there there are significant issues with the train schedule. At the moment Volvo and I quote "are trying to secure a route via shipment via boat."

All of which means I won't see my "new" car for around 7 months, assuming a boat can be located in the next couple of weeks, which I think is very poor for a factory complete order and I wonder how factory fresh the vehicle is going to be when it finally arrives!

How Volvo UK can be feeding dealers delivery information like I've received when the car is still on another continent is beyond me and the lack of honesty and transparency has taken the gloss off having a new car and I'm considering hanging on to the diesel XC60 I currently have and cancelling the order.

Good luck to those of you that have T8 XC60's cars in the system and coming from China, I hope you have better luck than me.
Mrb1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 20:36   #25
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashj66 View Post
V60 B4D R-Design - Order placed 1st September and picking it up tomorrow, dealer was fairly confident it would arrive by mid November.
Wow - super quick!!!

Congrats and good luck tomorrow.

Be sure to post up some pics and let us know what your delivery experience was like.
Old Nov 14th, 2021, 20:38   #26
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1203 View Post
At the beginning of August my dealer found a factory complete XC60 T8 R Design Pro with everything I wanted, BLIS, 360 Camera and a few other toys, the original delivery date was quoted as 1st October, which came and went, the next window I was given by the dealer was 10th to 14th of the same month, this came and went as well without the car arriving.

I wrote to Volvo Customer Relations who finally gave in and told me the car is still in Xi'an China and there there are significant issues with the train schedule. At the moment Volvo and I quote "are trying to secure a route via shipment via boat."

All of which means I won't see my "new" car for around 7 months, assuming a boat can be located in the next couple of weeks, which I think is very poor for a factory complete order and I wonder how factory fresh the vehicle is going to be when it finally arrives!

How Volvo UK can be feeding dealers delivery information like I've received when the car is still on another continent is beyond me and the lack of honesty and transparency has taken the gloss off having a new car and I'm considering hanging on to the diesel XC60 I currently have and cancelling the order.

Good luck to those of you that have T8 XC60's cars in the system and coming from China, I hope you have better luck than me.
That sucks and I feel your pain!

Hope it all works out in the end.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 09:48   #27
smithsc

Just had another email from Volvo today and 10/4 - 22/4 so currently 6month lead time, they’ve also said I’ve lost nothing from the spec apart from BLiS
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 11:48   #28
Ruggles17

XC60 B5 AWD Inscription

Ordered June.

Apparently due last week of January.

Getting quite bored waiting but got a really good deal at the time.
Ruggles17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 12:53   #29
OldEngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1203 View Post

This is in line with all the news about shipping delays. From Autocar...

“I ordered a new Mazda CX-5 2.5 GT Sport AWD six weeks ago, with a confirmed delivery date of 28 October,” wrote Terry Osborn. “Then, recently, the dealership rang to tell me my order had been cancelled by Mazda but that I could instead have the updated version that would arrive next March. Although they would sell me it for the same price, they couldn’t say how it would differ from the car I ordered. For this reason, I cancelled my order.”
Pleasingly, Terry’s story has a happy ending, since he has managed to purchase a new Volvo XC40 for delivery in mid-October. “I got a terrific deal and also made a profit on my part-exchange, an Audi S3 – only the second car I’ve achieved that with,” he told us later.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 13:14   #30
OldEngineer

22 pages of JLR delays

https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/t....18564/page-21