Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2.0L Petrol - struggling/loss of power

Views : 5540

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2016, 16:52   #41
Isaackoh

Default Jerks at 2000 rpm at every gear

Hey Guys,

It seems I have similar problems as what most of you describe. And I am still clueless together with my Mechanic. This is what we have tried:
1. Initially there was a fuel pump issue. We changed it and all readings on the Ecu says normal. We tested the fuel pressure using a gauge that it plug inbetween the fuel line before entering the engine. It all read consistent pressure. So fuel injection got ruled out. Problem still persist.
2. One of those days I accidentally pumped octane 98 and the sluggish and jerk at 2000 rpms across all gear range got worst. So bad that when we switch to manual model, it only went onto the even gears. So we burned up all the petrol and pump the shell v power and things got smoother. But the same crap persisted.
3. Checked the Sparks. They look New. The coils are old but seem fine.
4. We changed the transmission fluid from one that is for manual gear box to DCT gear box. And the problem still persist.
5. So the only thing that we Guess would be the gear box itself.
6. I also suspect that the ECU has been reflash by the previous owner, because I drove the c30 2.0i when the owner first bought and it was like crap. But after I took over the car it seems punchy and torquey. So I am considering to do a rest all to factory setting for the ECU.

Any thoughts guys?
Isaackoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2016, 16:58   #42
GusGecko
from C30 to XC60

All of my issues have been resolved...

One of my throttle issues was due to faulty electrics inside the throttle body. Consider reviewing this.

The other issue I had which I apologise now..i can't remember EXACTLY what it's called as I'm no mechanic but hopefully someone can chime in and correct me... it was some kind of solenoid vacuum pump...that relates to the throttle, .that had an air leak of some kind and wasn't pressuring properly.

I believe both these issues were found when plugged in by at volvo garage.

I know it's a bit vague, but I equally know how bloody annoying it was when it wasn't working!!!

GusGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2016, 03:08   #43
DanielLee

Smile Problem fixed.

It was the solenoid valve. It's an electronic part located next to the ECM.
DanielLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 00:57   #44
Manny

Is this a common issue/part across all newer Volvo's as i have a 2006 V50 2.0 petrol which is suffering from the same misfire/stuttering issue when it gets hot and starts playing up intermittently about 30 minutes after i have been driving it ? i should note that i also have no warning lights on my dashboard either.
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.0i, engine struggle, loss of power