Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FINALLY sorted headlight problem

Views : 448

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2023, 09:37   #1
hoj

Default FINALLY sorted headlight problem

Some of you may have read my past posts on the trouble I’ve been having with my main beam/flash not working
So headlights were badly “fogged” tried this tried that to no avail so bought a pair off eBay brand new and sparkling …. lovely 3 months later I had cause to use the main beam but nothing after a couple of trips to the auto electricians I decided to buy a new stalk that solved it (sort of) only one side worked so again another trip to an auto electrician he couldn’t solve it …… what now
Took the light out to see wiring inside had been joined together and messed about with
Remembered the lights had a 12 month guarantee so had a trip to Doncaster yesterday and swapped the light VOILA problem solved both working fine morale of the story I suppose is don’t buy cheap parts from eBay made in Taiwan

At least it wasn’t the CEM
hoj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hoj For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2023, 21:58   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

good to hear you got the head light problems sorted was the problem inside the light or the external wireing that had been fudged up.?
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 09:44   #3
hoj

Was inside the light Simmy three things
2 wires had been cut then joined back together exactly the same
The adjuster was broke
Water was getting in
The company I took it back to said it was all my mechanics fault haha
He had cut the wires He had pressed a bulb in to hard and he hadn’t fitted it correctly for water to get in ….. yeah ok
What about the other light he did that correctly did he.
Anyway sorted now
hoj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hoj For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2023, 08:04   #4
TrollSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoj View Post
Some of you may have read my past posts on the trouble I’ve been having with my main beam/flash not working
So headlights were badly “fogged” tried this tried that to no avail so bought a pair off eBay brand new and sparkling …. lovely 3 months later I had cause to use the main beam but nothing after a couple of trips to the auto electricians I decided to buy a new stalk that solved it (sort of) only one side worked so again another trip to an auto electrician he couldn’t solve it …… what now
Took the light out to see wiring inside had been joined together and messed about with
Remembered the lights had a 12 month guarantee so had a trip to Doncaster yesterday and swapped the light VOILA problem solved both working fine morale of the story I suppose is don’t buy cheap parts from eBay made in Taiwan

At least it wasn’t the CEM

You do realise your headlight stalk won’t engage main beam unless the headlights are switched on ? Remember the switch and headlights run as DRLs, so the main beam doesn’t lock on, only allows you to flash.
TrollSniper is offline   Reply With Quote