Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 2.4d p3 idle problem

Views : 2145

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 21st, 2021, 22:52   #11
thor43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
EGR is easy to clean. That shouldn’t take too long, unless its totally full of carbon.
Make sure you have plenty of old cloths & towels handy, as well as carburettor cleaner. It can be messy.

Swirl flaps are a much bigger job.
Yes thats why this will be the last thing
Anyway, some updates. Today a friend of mine borrowed me his vcx nano. I ordered one and then he tells me "yeayea i have one at home" haha
So with this i got the chance to try vdash and vida.. to code injectors in vdash u need to pay something like 100e and vida cant do this because its not an official one..
Anyway i just swapped the 4th and 5th injector.. so now rhe injectors are set as coded in the ecm. Still same behaviour.
Nothing changed.
I then checked the injectors again, several times.. at idle and idle with ac on.. first 4 injectors are -/+ 0.1 to 0.6.. the fifth bounces from -0.7 to even -1.9.
This should still be within limits as far as i know.. but still its the only injector that is acting weird.
Then like 20mins ago i thought about the notorious pcv.. all thrno petrols volvo that i had, were literaly dead if they had a non working pcv.. so i said lets check this. The car was still warm. Turned it on, took out the oil dipstick, and there was smoke coming out in puffs.. this could be related or just another problem that i have.. anyway.. interesting saturday
thor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 23:12   #12
thor43

So some other updates.. volvo vida says my fuel pressure is lower than it should be, should be around 350 mine jumps from 300 -320 at idle when warm..
I replaced the crank sensor, the old one was kinda swollen at tip. I was almost sure like this is the problem! Anyway still same.. then i replaced swirl flaps, air was leaking from the manifold because the flaps were in pretty bad shape.. rhe car maybe runs a bit better.. but that stuttering is still there. This fuel pressure thing is kinda weird.. one more thing. Rpms on each cyl are kinda out of the normal specs, at least by what vida tells me its the norm, but its always 3cyl have the samerpms and the other 2 have the same rpms also.. what i noticed is the car has that acid smell.. of half burnt fuel.. weird smell. It comes somewhere around the engine.. and from the exhaust also..
Im thinking of deleting the egr.. theres so many things that im kinda lost.. im gone solve this problem, im stubborn and im gonna do it! I just need some help if anyone has any ideas thank you
thor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2022, 13:53   #13
Derek UK
VOC Member

Did you resolve/fix your problem in the end?
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 15:43   #14
Decky62

I would love to know if you manage to solve this problem. I have the exact same problem on my XC70 D5 2009. It’s been doing it for years and it’s been doing my head in! https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...32#post2853632
Decky62 is offline   Reply With Quote