Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Time for a new car

Views : 1874

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2021, 08:01   #1
Jsayers

Default Time for a new car

The lease on my XC60 ends in September and so it will soon be time to say goodbye to my first Volvo and try something new. Normally, I would look for a good deal on any suitable car and have a change. I have driven VW, Nissan, Vauxhall, Ford and Audi, not a brand snob. Well not until now.

I have loved my Volvo. Comfiest car I have ever driven. And so this time I have only looked at deals on another Volvo.

A new XC60 was too expensive.
The V60 was nice but felt too low to the ground compared to the XC60.
New car ordered.

A Volvo XC40 R-Deign T3. Onyx Black an I have added the climate pack and upgraded the sound system to H&K. Also took advantage of the 3 years servicing.

Now to enjoy the last few months in my 60 until my 40 arrives.
Jsayers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jsayers For This Useful Post:
Old May 28th, 2021, 10:48   #2
RonFleet

Good choice!
XC40 T3 R-Design Automatic
RonFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 09:58   #3
Jsayers

Looks like I will be driving my XC-60 a little longer.

New car now delayed till end of October. Will have been waiting 5 months from order to delivery if the new date doesnt slip any more. Will have to extend my current lease until new car arrives.

Does Volvo compenaste for late delivery or is this something I need to try and discuss with Dealer? If it gets any later, I am going to have to get the old car services just before I hand it back - money not bugeted for.

Though that by ordering a car at the end of May for a September delivery when I was quoted 8 weeks, my new car would be sitting waiting for me, now it is the other way arround.
Jsayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 00:24   #4
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Your lucky it’s only 5 months wait. I know you were quoted 2 months but things have changed very quickly in the supply chain. Lucky you haven’t ordered a JLR car they are now quoting 12 months plus on a lot of their cars. All manufacturers are hard hit with the chip problem and are having to remove items from the vehicle such as cameras and bliss. There are rumours that Mercedes are supply some cars with halogen headlights.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 00:57   #5
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

They may well argue force majeure over the delays, and that would end up for a court to decide. Clearly no one is going to bother testing that.

As aforementioned, 5 months is the lower end of the scale. No shortage of manufacturers quoting a year on some models at the moment, such as JLR and Toyota. Mrs Familyman's new Mini electric was almost 6 months from order to delivery.

It is what it is, and no one else is likely to do better.
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 08:06   #6
inchindown
Futurist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Your lucky it’s only 5 months wait. I know you were quoted 2 months but things have changed very quickly in the supply chain. Lucky you haven’t ordered a JLR car they are now quoting 12 months plus on a lot of their cars. All manufacturers are hard hit with the chip problem and are having to remove items from the vehicle such as cameras and bliss. There are rumours that Mercedes are supply some cars with halogen headlights.
I've had a Jaguar F Pace on order since June. The current delivery date I'm being given is the end of October at the dealer and a week or so after that for me to get the keys. But I have to say I don't have much confidence in those dates.

It's even worse than a 12 month wait for some cars. Lots of outstanding orders for MY21 cars have just been cancelled. If those people still want a Jaguar they have to submit a new order for a MY22 car. The MY22 cars are more expensive and have less standard equipment included.

We can only hope.
inchindown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 15:59   #7
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsayers View Post
If it gets any later, I am going to have to get the old car services just before I hand it back - money not budgeted for.
Have a read through this thread, (link below) which discusses the best option for servicing lease vehicles just before they go back. The jist of it is -
  • There is certainly no point in having it serviced by a main dealer, somewhere like Halfords will be a lot cheaper and should give you a compliant stamp.
  • In some instances, it's cheaper not to bother at all as the fine for having missed a service is less than the cost of a service.
  • Depending on when your previous service was, you might just get away with not getting it done.

Have a read of the thread and check your lease terms.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ighlight=lease
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post: