Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Genuine 440 Bodykit

Views : 2696

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2021, 23:23   #1
Daniel M
Inbetween Volvo's...

Default Genuine 440 Bodykit

Hi,

Been a long, long time since I was active on these forums. I’ve had a few 400 series Volvos, it now I’m at ‘mid-life’ and my children are growing up a little, I’d really like to get my hands on either a decent running ‘89/‘90 440 Turbo-but even a decent condition 2.0 B20 would be nice.

However: I’d love to see my childhood 440 be created now I have the skills, the sense, and a little bit more money to do it sensibly! So, this project can only begin if I can get my hands on a genuine Volvo 440 bodykit. They were rare as hens teeth when I wanted when when I was younger, let alone me posting this probably a good 18 years later. If I could get hold of a genuine kit, I’d get round to sourcing a car at a later date!

So, I won’t get my hopes up at all: but, you never know… Drop me a message if you know of anything…

Dan
:: 440 2.0i SE, 1994, 306 Smoke Silver Metallic :: Sold
:: 440 1.7 GLEi, 1991, 219 Ocean Blue Metallic Metallic :: Sold
Daniel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 12:40   #2
kostelectronics

Default I have one in repairable condition

Hello over there!

Nice to read your story about the 440! I have also one, completely rebuilt in the past 6 years! I have 2 Bodykits, one is on my own car, the other is in my storage. The Condition is bad, you have to invest much time to get it nice again but it's possible. I'm from Switzerland, do you think you have any chance to pick it up from here? contact me at info@kostelectronics.ch if you are interested.

BR Matthias
kostelectronics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
440, bodykit, genuine accessories