Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tuning for audi 2.5

Views : 2762

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2008, 00:24   #11
phasesonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefc View Post
thanks will go outside with torch and have look now. The box is coming from germany so the sooner the better.
How did you find the chip you put in ? Good fun ? The standard 2.5 d for me anyway seems beatufifully torquey - cant wait to getit going with extra oomph ! ! !!!!
Let us know how you get on-which website did you get it from?

Thanks,loz
phasesonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 21:20   #12
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
thanks will go outside with torch and have look now. The box is coming from germany so the sooner the better.
How did you find the chip you put in ? Good fun ? The standard 2.5 d for me anyway seems beatufifully torquey - cant wait to getit going with extra oomph ! ! !!!!
what you will proberbly find is that there will be no turbo lag, so when you floor it it goes and not waiting for the turbo to spool up . i would imagine that it will have a screw to adjust if so it will be drive and adjust so that you have it set right , if not loads of black smoke lol with the extra fuel going in , but yes another 25 bhp makes you smile.
mike
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 23:06   #13
jamiefc

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasesonix View Post
Let us know how you get on-which website did you get it from?

Thanks,loz
hear you go

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=022
jamiefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 23:08   #14
jamiefc

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
what you will proberbly find is that there will be no turbo lag, so when you floor it it goes and not waiting for the turbo to spool up . i would imagine that it will have a screw to adjust if so it will be drive and adjust so that you have it set right , if not loads of black smoke lol with the extra fuel going in , but yes another 25 bhp makes you smile.
mike
Hi mike,
its got the 8 pin connector. The chip is supposed to give another 35bhp Should arrive within a week

Last edited by jamiefc; Sep 10th, 2008 at 23:29.
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 01:09   #15
phasesonix

Quote:

thanks for the link,looking forward to hearing the results.

Thanks,loz
Old Sep 16th, 2008, 20:51   #16
jamiefc

Hello,
so boxarrived this afternoon.
Fitted within 10 mins + 20 mins ( needed to remove engine cover top and front at pump 10 mil bolt at bottom very aqward to remove).

The box had a wee screw which you are suposed to adjust till the engine gets lumpy on tickover and then turn it back till it settlles down. My wee screw doesnt seem to do anything. i have emailedthe guy and will let you know my findings.

Ok the interesting bit.

1. The car has not gone silly ie constant wheel spinning and ripping my tyres off which i was slightly deflated at.
2. I was hoping for a serious distinctive boost - but that is not what i seem to be experiencing - if anything it seems to perform very well again above the 3000 rpm range and comes into its own at 3200 to 4500 which is where it performed better before anyway.
3. I would say the car has been transformed into a motorway high speed cruiser with excellent acceleration int the 40 - 70 and above range but not the banshee i was hoping to unleash. Maybe i was expecting too much. It was listed on site as giving extra 31 bhp on the standard 140 bhp.
I have only had the car a month now so im not sure how accurate amy assement of before and after is.

As i said before have emailed this all to the supplier and will keep you posted
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 13:02   #17
phasesonix

The screw on the box should affect the engine when turned-if it does'nt it's probaly broken. I used to have a D5 at 160bhp and that was A LOT faster than the 2.5D i have now,especilly when starting off and up hills in fifth etc.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 18:19   #18
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasesonix View Post
The screw on the box should affect the engine when turned-if it does'nt it's probaly broken. I used to have a D5 at 160bhp and that was A LOT faster than the 2.5D i have now,especilly when starting off and up hills in fifth etc.
yes have to agree with that the engine will overfuel and the lamba light will come on if you have screwed it in too far, the box i had would only give you about 25 bhp increase so i think the figures you have been quoted are very optomistic, srry to hear you are a bit deflated with the outcome, you may be able to pick a digi one up quiet cheap on e bay. at 2000 revs it should put you back in the seat in all gears when set up right.
mike
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 21:27   #19
jamiefc

Smile

Sednt box back and got it back from germany. Car is now quicker and a lot more torquey. So for the price its good value
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 09:00   #20
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Sednt box back and got it back from germany. Car is now quicker and a lot more torquey. So for the price its good value
glad your happy with it.
mike