Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leather Seats

Views : 3207

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 22:23   #1
splutterycar

Default Leather Seats

Hi Only just joined the Forum. Have just had a new drivers seat back cover replaced under warranty, due to the leather 'folding' and going 'baggy'. Volvo have acknowledged there is a problem with them and my passenger seat is starting to 'go' also.
Also there is a known problem with the rear parking sensors failing!!
New software is being developed at the the moment.
splutterycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 13:40   #2
elmec

Hi

My XC also has suffered with dodgy sensors, its going in tommorow to have the wiring changed they tell me.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 20:37   #3
splutterycar

Default RE: Leather Seats

I promise you its not a wiring issue.I've seen the message from Volvo to the dealer.Its a download they do on the car.It cured my fault.
The original fault was caused if you reversed too close to an object and switched off the engine.The system gets confused the next time you use it.
I have been told today that another download is coming soon, because the pdc system sometimes gives a permanent bleep in reverse.Mine has done it a few times.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 16:07   #4
elmec

Hi

The car has been in and you were right, they downloaded some software
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 21:59   #5
splutterycar

Hi
Pleased they sorted it for you. You've just got the seats and lights to sort now!! They seem to be common on all xc90's. My next one to solve is the integral phone echoing!!
The Following User Says Thank You to splutterycar For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 10:52   #6
elmec

Hi

Yes i have had the same problem with the echo on the phone, the dealer downloaded some more software and touch wood it has solved the problem, my seats look ok at the moment where do i look for the saggy

Cheers

Jason
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 20:29   #7
splutterycar

Hi
Where the front seat back, centre panel meets the side lumber supports, the leather folds in on itself and goes baggy.I've had both seat covers replaced under warranty.They say its because of a design fault, because the leather isn't tight if the lumber support is released.
Having problems with the rear wheel tracking now.NSR tyre has worn down to the wear bars already on the outer edge after only 8,000m!
I'm a mechanic by trade and own two garages, so the dealer is struggling to justify it at the moment!
With regards to the phone, my dealer says he thinks a new microphone is being designe and will be sited in a different place then in the mirror, above the speaker.
still like the car though!!!!
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 01:13   #8
George Holmer

Dwonload some software, honestly modern cars....

George

[link:www.ttsservices.co.uk/my%20volvos.htm|http://www.ttsservices.co.uk/imm021.jpg]

'95 940 Polar LPT estate (B230FK/AW71)
'87 740 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler estate (D24TIC/ZF22)
'80 240 GLT estate (B27E/BW55)
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 10:08   #9
Wentworth Man
VOC Member

'Fraid that is the problem with these new cars George, Engineering has been overtaken by IT and when it works it works and when it don't it really doesn't work. Volvo seem now to link everything by electronics so that everything is controlled and interlinked therefore no swapping bits between cars anymore - give me mechanicals anyday.

I can see it coming now, you can't have the latest download patch to fix your known fault as that bug has been fixed in the next release (or we decided not to bother) which you cannot install as you havenet got a big enough EEPROM which will cost you a squillion Euros plus labour!

Looks like it wil be down to you, Peter and me to keep that 900 series going for ever!

Tony
Call me a Luddite but just because I work in IT doesnt mean it is the be all and end all:)
'92 945 S 150K

The Moon is 238857 miles distant from the Earth so I've been to the moon and back in mine...and it only took me 14 years!
Wentworth Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 17:40   #10
Iank

To get back to the original query regarding leather seats. After approximatley 4 months the driver's seat on my S80 looked liked it was several years old. I complained and although initially they refused to change the seat covers, after I had a word with Volvo UK the change was authorised. Considering the car costs a whole lot of bucks, you do not expect a leather problem within the first few months.