Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problems with XC90 delivery in the UK

Views : 4397

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2003, 01:31   #21
Chris Wickers
Director

Default RE: Problems with XC90 delivery in the UK

I have spent the last four months working in the car trade with another manufacturer and experienced severe frustration regarding similar situations. I would always do my best to provide an accurate delivery date. Other dealers often quoted much shorter delivery times to ensure they got the business. Now either the dealership I worked for did not get enough supply, sold out too quickly, or the other dealers mis-quoted in order to get the business. I will leave it to your imagination as to what the actual case is. Incidentally to the best of my knowledge the dealership I worked for NEVER charged a premium, even on models that had an 18 month waiting list!

Prior to the car trade I worked for an electrical retailer - the same situation occurred!

Clearly I have too many principles - perhaps had I continually lied about avilability I would have done much better, although I am sure the repeat business would never have happened.
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 20:13   #22
alchemyuk

Bob,
Many thanks for the time and effort you have spent on this subject. I will indeed be sending a letter to Volvo Car UK Ltd, detailing my experiences with this particular franchise and sending them copies of all the paperwork that I have.

As Volvo hinted in their comments, I did take over a cancellation order with the franchise and this explains the short lead time on my order.

The franchise dealer has sent me a computer print-out, which they claim to have received from the Volvo car ordering system. The print-out is dated 20 May 03 and shows an order for an XC90 with an expected delivery window of 29 Oct 03 – 04 Nov 03. Not being in the car trade I have no means of authenticating the validity of this document. If anybody can authenticate this document I would be happy to e-mail you a scanned image. The franchise dealer claims “this proves my order was taken in good faith” (their words). I shall see if Volvo UK agree of not.

The dealer also claims that “Volvo accept that at the time of my order some of the delivery dates were incorrect/ambitious and have subsequently been updated” (again their words).

In their defence, a totally different Volvo franchise, who know none of these details and have no connection to the original franchise I am purchasing from, told me on a recent visit that many of their October / November orders had been put back to April 04 by Volvo UK without any explanation a few weeks ago. I want to stress they had no knowledge of my personal experience and were responding to a general question I asked them.

I shall update you all when I receive a reply form Volvo UK.

Thanks you all for your kinds words and encouragement.

Regards
Andy
alchemyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:34   #23
erch02

You say that you ordered the car over the internet, was it the dealers web site or VolvoCars.co.uk? If it was direct with Volvo Cars UK site then I would complain to them. You might also want to mention the shocking attitude of the chap who phoned you from the dealership. Even if you didn't order the car direct from Volvo, you could still complain to them.

Duncan
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 14:08   #24
Bashy
Aged Member

>Dear Andy,
>
>Not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.
>The Dealer seems to have offered you a fair alternative in
>view of the delay.
>Cant say I would want an unhappy customer before they had
>taken delivery of their new car.Sounds like hes identified the
>fact that your a pain in the ass before too late.
>It is an excellent car and I would give you £1000 now to buy
>your order.
>Looks like your the blackmailer.
>Stop being hot headed and give me your order.
>
>Yours waiting happily for 6 months
>
>Captain Volvo
>

Get real Captain!!

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5

http://www.credit-busters.co.uk/C7TEA_small.jpg
Bashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 12:35   #25
Wentworth Man
VOC Member

A bit late in reading this response but....very nice to get that response direct from Volvo and even nicer to read their comment

"We were particularly concerned to read the statement about the dealership’s right to cancel the order. A signed order is a binding contract, and it is the dealer’s duty to ensure that it is constructed fairly. We would not condone a dealership canceling a customer’s order without cause, and indeed we do not believe that it is lawful to do so."

So grasp the opportunity to talk ....and why I will stay with my Volvo - its the car I buy, not the dealer.

Tony
'92 945 S 150K

The Moon is 238857 miles distant from the Earth so I've been to the moon and back in mine...and it only took me 14 years!
Wentworth Man is offline   Reply With Quote