Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your 850/X70 today???

Views : 148623

Replies : 929

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 29th, 2016, 16:40   #51
ITSv40
VOC Member

Happy Diver, Thanks for the info, most useful. The passenger seat operates as you describe every time without any hassle. The drivers seat is temperamental, hence why I think it needs some adjustment to the cables.

Not big jobs, but can wait until the winter. I'm doing a complete brake rebuild on the Silver Cloud at the moment, so have plenty on.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2016, 11:27   #52
Stumo

Fitted IPD overload springs, gained nearly 2 inches in unnoticed lost ride height.Discovered shocks were stuffed though. To look from the side it's hard to notice the new rake, but the boot spoiler feels like it's 2 feet higher. Now have to wait 2 weeks for eBay shocks to arrive from UK...opted for the Meyle units for price and good reports from here and Sir Robs YouTube videos. Cheers for those sir rob ! They are well worth while checking out.
Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 15:15   #53
Ninjabob81

Blacked out my grille with plasti dip... See how long it lasts...🤔[IMG][/IMG]
Ninjabob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 21:15   #54
Stumo

Thumbs up

[
Blacked out my grille with plasti dip... See how long it lasts...��[IMG]

Have you got a photo of it on the car, was it easy enough to do? Looks like a good job you've done.
Old Jul 3rd, 2016, 21:21   #55
Thanatos
VOC Member

pcv system started to change and painted as much of the block i could get to while i wait for parts
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2016, 11:57   #56
Clogs
Clogs

Default ETS light keeps coming on after warm restart

I finally got fed up with the ETS light not going out (it usually does after 4 or 5 starts), so unclipped the top of the air intake filter while the engine was idling and sprayed some electrical cleaner into the manifold... some spluttering and recovery. Then a good rev up to 5000 rpm and the light went out.

Later in the evening after a restart an hour after having had a short drive into the city, the light's on again!
Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2016, 12:32   #57
Ninjabob81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumo View Post
[
Blacked out my grille with plasti dip... See how long it lasts...��[IMG]

Have you got a photo of it on the car, was it easy enough to do? Looks like a good job you've done.
Cheers mate, it was an absolute doddle. Plastic clips behind the grill to release it, good was off with fairy liquid and hot water, degreased with nail polish remover (only thing I had...&#128514, masked off the outer chrome, didn't mask the diagonal or badge. Five or six coats with plasti dip hair drying in between to speed it up. Carefully pull off the masking tape to avoid ripping the rubber off. Got an edge started on the diagonal and gently pulled off the excess. Job done. [IMG][/IMG]
Ninjabob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninjabob81 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 4th, 2016, 15:55   #58
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

A replacement drive shaft arrived for my AWD in the mornings post so really happy it's the correct version for the car as the Volvo 850 AWD drive shaft (drivers side) are now obsolete on Volvo and not available on ebay either.

Was providence that one appeared last Wednesday on ebay after 3 weeks searching so got it plus postage to southern Ireland for a steal at £30.50p delivered.

Replacement M58LFS 4.45:1 AWD gearbox from a later model V70 XC also sourced and been picked up today in UK by my courier mate so going to be a busy July retaking engine out and swapping gearboxes over again.
Old Jul 4th, 2016, 17:11   #59
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabob81 View Post
Cheers mate, it was an absolute doddle. Plastic clips behind the grill to release it, good was off with fairy liquid and hot water, degreased with nail polish remover (only thing I had...��), masked off the outer chrome, didn't mask the diagonal or badge. Five or six coats with plasti dip hair drying in between to speed it up. Carefully pull off the masking tape to avoid ripping the rubber off. Got an edge started on the diagonal and gently pulled off the excess. Job done. [IMG][/IMG]
That looks neat and suits the car.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 14:28   #60
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Red face

Had an issue with the front left wheel today. Following fitment of the driver side driveshaft last night I took car for spin. Ran perfectly.

This morning took it to work for another spin and while driving on a round about the wheel went flat and rolled in towards the inner wheel part of wheel liner.

Suffice to say the rim meets Tarmac and result though not do good may have lead to a worse incident of going into a kerb. Luckily spare changed over in under 10 mins with wheel left off at aic wheel refurb place to get patched up.

Turns out the tyre went over a large nail leading to rapid loss of pressure.
Lovely!