Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 2022 model new

Views : 9991

Replies : 53

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 21st, 2021, 11:50   #1
BlueOrchid

Question XC60 2022 model new

Hello
I have just ordered a new XC60 2022 model, I've never driven a Volvo before. I've currently specified

Momentum
Automatic
Platinum grey
Power driver seat with memory for seat and exterior mirrors
18" double spoke wheels

Are there any other accessories that are a "must have" for this car? And is the Power driver seat worth having?

Also colour wise, I have currently ordered the new colour Platinum grey which I believe is quite a dark grey, I haven't actually seen it as its only available in a V90 at the moment. Has anyone got/seen this and can you describe the colour? The other option I am considering is the new Silver Dawn. Again, not seen it so any advice appreciated.
BlueOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 12:32   #2
techwatcher
Master Member

The one 'must have' for me would be the 360 camera.

The XC60 is a large car and the 360 camera really helps with parking and manoeuvring in tight spaces.
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 16:04   #3
Hogster

+1 for the 360 cameras. I'd also always have the pilot assist pack (can't remember the name).

Power driver seat with memory is useful if you are quite precious about your driving position and you get really frustrated when other people move it (like valet parking and people who service the car! I'm one of these precious people!). It also provides a much finer adjustment of the seat. If all this doesn't bother you, then you could save yourself some cash and spec something else instead.
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 16:28   #4
dockot
Maturing Member

Hi I am about to order a Momentum as a replacement for my 10 yr old D5 AWD Dl. The old car has electric seats, bending headlights, keyless entry, sun roof etc.
I reckon I can manage without those but will add shaded rear windows, heated windscreen and tow bar pack , in denim blue and the light interior.
As I have said in another post. My main decision is whether to give up diesel or not!
dockot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dockot For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 16:38   #5
Tresco85

+1 for the 360 camera although at the moment I don’t think you can order one due to the chip shortage.
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 18:45   #6
EssexExile
Master Member

We'll all have different favourites depending on our own experiences. The power driver seat is a must for me, others aren't bothered. Dockot wants tinted glass but I hate the stuff. I manage perfectly well without the 360 camera but I've never had one for longer than a test drive so perhaps I don't know what I'm missing.
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 19:00   #7
Cull06
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
We'll all have different favourites depending on our own experiences. The power driver seat is a must for me, others aren't bothered. Dockot wants tinted glass but I hate the stuff. I manage perfectly well without the 360 camera but I've never had one for longer than a test drive so perhaps I don't know what I'm missing.
I had a courtesy car with 360. Useful but I didn’t see it as a must have.

In the absence of that, a rear view camera for me was a real important option. Unfortunately I thought it was standard and therefore didn’t add it on the current car!

Sunroof has become important to me too. Power driver seats I would miss.

Protection pack and mudflaps to keep the car clean I would miss too!
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 20:51   #8
isleaiw
Master Member

I love the 360 cameras. Wouldnt want to be without wireless charging and massage seats these days. Hated the stuff on my BMW that kept me in lane if I went over the white line without indicating - I mean, it was a BMW and didnt have indicators. Love the blind spot indicator things though. I love electric seats. Hate pan roofs. Would miss an electric tailgate and probably would order comfort access going forward - even though I worry about security.
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 09:29   #9
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Just ordered an XC60 Inscription, AWD, Petrol in black.

Option wise I went for the Lighting and Protection packs. Also added a real spare tyre as a can of goo is pointless.

Just noticed that the 360 Camera option is back – might consider adding this as my order just went in a week ago. Seems to get the thumbs up from the majority here.
The Following User Says Thank You to LRS For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 10:01   #10
sculliod

Last week I ordered a new Volvo XC60 Inscription T6 Recharge in Silver Dawn with Climate Pack, Dark Tinted Windows, 360 Cameras and Driver Assistance.

I have been told that BLIS is not available and has been withdrawn by Volvo UK due to the shortage of chips although today using the configuration tool and adding in the Cameras BLIS has been included. Have queried it with my Volvo dealer but suspect the website is a mess as the other day you couldnt even add the cameras! so be wary of what the website tells you right now!
sculliod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sculliod For This Useful Post:

Tags
v90