Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Set of 4 Medusa 18"

Views : 1295

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2012, 14:27   #1
DannyG

Default Set of 4 Medusa 18"

Ok, so here's the deal... I have an 06 plate S40 SE LUX that I'm slowly turning into the Sport, got the spoiler, front splitter and side skirts... just need the lower rear splitter but thats like finding the holy grail!!

It's currently got the 17" Stylla alloys and want to upgrade to the 18 Medusa's, so I'm just putting the feelers out there to anyone that might want to do a straight swap? Or swap plus a little cash. It's a long shot but you never know.... someone might not like the harshness of the 18's and want to downgrade to the smoother 17's
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 15:20   #2
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
Ok, so here's the deal... I have an 06 plate S40 SE LUX that I'm slowly turning into the Sport, got the spoiler, front splitter and side skirts... just need the lower rear splitter but thats like finding the holy grail!!

It's currently got the 17" Stylla alloys and want to upgrade to the 18 Medusa's, so I'm just putting the feelers out there to anyone that might want to do a straight swap? Or swap plus a little cash. It's a long shot but you never know.... someone might not like the harshness of the 18's and want to downgrade to the smoother 17's
Don't do it - the S40 is MUCH better to drive on 17's (dynamically as well as the ride) - I've had both and would never go back to 18's

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:03   #3
Lee '71

I agree with t5 monkey, I had 18" Medusa alloys on my V50 2.0D Sport and they were sh!t. The ride is harsh and the car tramlined down the main A road where, over time, all the trucks make grooves in the road. It was a most disconcerting drive to work at times!!

Then there's the kerbing issue, you really only have to look at a kerb to take chunks out of the rims. I had all four of mine refurbed and within a month one of the front rims had been damaged and I'm always very careful with my alloys.

In the end I was lucky enough to find another Forum member who had a 24 hour old C30 with 17" Cratus alloys who wanted larger ones so I swopped with him and the car felt so much better to drive straight away. I can't believe anybody would voluntaily put the Medusas on their car but variety is the spice of life I suppose!!
Lee '71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 09:57   #4
jigharha

I have a set of very good medusa wheels for sale.

If you like the 18 don't let anyone put you off. One man’s meat is another man’s poison. As for me I prefer the 18. Why am I selling mine? – The answer is because I have two sets of 18s and one set of 16.

18 wheels for a Volvo that does not have the sport chassis will not be firm because they will have the comfort chassis right for factory.

S40 or V50 that came from the factory with the 18 are that ones that have the firm drive.

No pressures - if you are interested in my wheels, make me an offer or ask for my phone number and then we can talk.
My no. - 07917520542
jigharha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 20:19   #5
nosh695

iv got 18" nebula's on mine and the ride seems fine to me not harsh at all.. i would never go back to 17" now but like you say everyones taste is different..
my mate in somerset has 19" & dosent seem that bad to me either.
nosh695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2012, 14:45   #6
DannyG

I've driven the sport on 18s and it didnt didn't feel that bad, my 17s feel a bit 'spongy' now, but that's prob cos I had a golf gti with R32 18s on before it, so I'm used to a firmer ride

it was the S40 sport, with the medusa alloys that I originally fell in love with, and made we want an S40, so thats that's the look I'm after now.

Last edited by DannyG; Aug 21st, 2012 at 15:29.
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 07:20   #7
energetic

I'm also interested in a set of Medusa 18's and offloading my stylla 17's.

jigharha have you still got yours for sale?
energetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 13:05   #8
jigharha

Yes - I still have it for sale if the offer is reasonable.
jigharha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 20:33   #9
cjclose

Default Medusa 18

i have 4 of the Medusa 18 wheels but 1 alloy is badly cracked,, dont think its repairable,,,,

im thinking of changing to 17s
cjclose is offline   Reply With Quote