Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

s40 heating system

Views : 982

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 27th, 2003, 04:52   #1
relax056

Hello Anyone,

I am a new member and very proud owner of a 2000 s40 1.9T I have just purchased. I have one very concerning question. The climate control system does not produce heat through the vents unless the car is moving. I contacted the previous owner and he told me that this is correct. It seems very strange to me. Is this possible. Sounds ridiculous. Can someone PLEASE advise on this situation. I only receive cold air when the heat is on and the vehicle is not moving. Sorry to sound so naive, but I am new to Volvo and I love my car.
Please respond directly if you would like to relax056@hotmail.com...
With much appreciation I await your responses...

A new Volvo Fan...
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 15:24   #2
vjck_uk
Premier member

Default RE: s40 heating system

I agree it's a strange idea,mine I thought was nbg when I had it .
I find it best to put the fan on manual if you want a continual blast and the distribution switch (right hand side) on wherever you want the air.
I have'nt had mine long so someone will probably know better than me about it but that's how I demist everything and then stick both knobs on auto afterwards.
vjck_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 10:14   #3
Mike Clift

With the control knobs set to auto position and provided engine is running I get hot air without a problem. I can even increase the temperature and the fan will increase in speed pumping more heat into the car.

I generally only put anything to manual if I need to demist the front screen, then its just a question of pointing the dial to the screen until its cleared then back to auto position.

Mine's a 99 V40 T4 so wonder if things were different on that model?

Mike
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 14:36   #4
Mav_UK

On my '98 2.0T I have exactly the same as Mike - use auto as much as possible and of I alter the temp the fan comes on to get the car up to temp faster.

The only weird / annoying thing that I have is that when you want to demist the screen in cold weather the airco won't turn on as it's won't work when it gets too cold... IIRC that's supposed to make the evaporator last longer.

Stu