Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dyno power run - P2 V40 T4

Views : 1152

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 19:11   #1
avfcS40

Default Dyno power run - P2 V40 T4

So ive had the car for a couple of weeks now and very happy with the performance.

It pulls really well from 3-5th gear and im almost certain that its got more horses than standard.

After booking a power run at the same place as mitchyboy, i decided to get a diagnoses check done at a mates garage before i went.

The machine found - cylinder 3 has misfire - mass of volume to air flow, too small & a low reading in the catalyst?

My car has done 150k, got a decatted stainless exhaust and k&n panel filter.
I have no idea if the boost has been turned up or if its been mapped.

Arrived at this place in 15mins and the car was hooked up.
While the engine was idling, i was advised that it sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders, but once the revs start to get higher, it wont be noticed as much. He also said to get a compression test done to see what each cylinder is reading.

Ohh great i thought, i hope it doesn't affect the figures too much lol.

One run later and the figure was available....
220.3 bhp & 263.5 ft of torque.

Im happy with that....for now

A shark performance/stage 2 mte map could be on the horizon
My goal is to reach 250 bhp and a bit over 300 torque if possible.

Is that being too ambitious?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Power run V40 t4 large.jpg (98.2 KB, 16 views)
avfcS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to avfcS40 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 19:21   #2
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Hi mate. Good results. The car is definitely not running standard boost at that power =] The boost is on the graph. Its running 18psi which is about the same as mine. My map has a few tweaks so probably why the higher power and torque. Glad you used the same dyno its always great to compare figures that you know are calibrated the same way. If you look at the torque curve even though yours has a bit less the curve is almost the exact same shape! It must be down to the way the 14T produces its power! Once the MAF issue is sorted this will no doubt produce a few more horses! You were brave to dyno it with a MAF fault code tbh lol

250/300 is definitely possible. Mine has 237 and 300 with just the map. Full exhaust should see that straight away. I would concentrate on getting your car running 100% as it wont be running at full potential until all the small issues are fixed and a good service.

Low reading at the catalyst may be to do with the fact you dont have one lol. The rear lambda will be able to detect this as this is what its there for.

If it's running the stock BCS then it has been mapped. If it's running an MBC then it may not be mapped but still could be.

Mitch.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Nov 8th, 2012 at 19:36.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 20:05   #3
Haizum74
Master Member

Talking of full exhaust, I read on another forum that getting a custom exhaust sometimes throws a CEL code as the rear o2 sensor throws a wobbly due to the exhaust being more free flowing and that a spacer can sort this. Anyone heard of that?

Also, great result on the dyno run. Love to know what mine is running at.

'08 V50 2.0D
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Haizum74 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 20:07   #4
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
Talking of full exhaust, I read on another forum that getting a custom exhaust sometimes throws a CEL code as the rear o2 sensor throws a wobbly due to the exhaust being more free flowing and that a spacer can sort this. Anyone heard of that?

Also, great result on the dyno run. Love to know what mine is running at.
I have a full 3" decat waiting to go on mine. Its more to do with the cat not being there rather than the exhaust more free flowing. A good sports cat shouldnt throw a CEL. I used my decat with a rear lambda spacer on my old T4 and the CEL never came back.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Nov 8th, 2012 at 20:10.
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 20:12   #5
Haizum74
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
I have a full 3" decat waiting to go on mine. Its more to do with the cat not being there rather than the exhaust more free flowing. A good sports cat shouldnt throw a CEL. I used my decat with a rear lambda spacer on my old T4 and the CEL never came back.
Ah ok so is more the lack of cat that can throw it? If so then thats ok as it will have sports cat when done.

'08 V50 2.0D
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 20:15   #6
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

A good quality sports cat should be fine.

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 20:53   #7
avfcS40

Thanks for the comments =)

Thing is Mitch, if i saw your thread earlier i would've gone on the rollers saturday (If aloud) lol

I now have to see about those issues now, but im not sure where to start other than the compression test.

I ordered some new plugs from volvo (due tomorrow) and was told that it could also be my coil pack!

I forgot to add that the turbo actuator is shagged lol
avfcS40 is offline   Reply With Quote