Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

really really pi**ed off

Views : 3889

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:14   #21
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

The good news is, insurance company's now allow 65% before write off, so hopefully they will repair, very bloody annoying though, would kill me if it happened to my 740

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NI_Volvo_Nut For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:12   #22
callumk5

Very sorry to hear what happened. I add my condolences to those already expressed by all the other members. Think we can all sympathise- I would be incredibly upset if that happened to Ulrika. Having been in contact with you before I can say you of all people definitely didn't deserve to have that done to you.
It highlights how some cars can mean more to people than just getting them from A to B, or demonstrate to the neighbours how far up the professional ladder they are.
The b*$tards who did that to your car will probably never experience the emotional connection we all have with our cars. When Bob is repaired and running around years from now this whole unpleasant episode will (i hope) serve to strengthen the bond you have with him.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:40   #23
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

well ive spoken to the insurance company and they have agreed to have it repaired, so im now waiting for their approved repairer to come and collect it. i could have used my own repairer but i would have had to wait for an engineer to view the car and then do a report and approve the repairs,and it wouldnt have a three year guarantee so i decided to leave all the hassle to them
with luck i should have a nicely repaired car in a couple of weeks my excess is only £50 but no doubt my insurance will go up on renewal

bob will roll on again!!!
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:10   #24
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

reapir centre have rang, they are called nationwide crash repair center and are based at teamvalley gateshead, i am dropping the car off next monday morning as they dont do courtesy cars, so at least things are moving!!!
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:10   #25
farewelltoernest

Better hurry that GLT along...
farewelltoernest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 13:09   #26
Skunkola

Sick, not been on here for ages and this is the first post I see.

Glad things are getting sorted.

I would personally like to smash every panel on the b******s body.

Scum.
Skunkola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skunkola For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2011, 16:13   #27
rose

Default idiots

Yes we can sympathise with you because one of our Volvos was danced on one evening while we were in town at a function. Not much of a greeting when we came to go home when we saw the damage.All over the roof and bonnet. What do they care, most live off us anyway ..hand outs from the state.
rose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2011, 00:26   #28
nick_ovlov
VOC20556

Really sorry to hear about that, glad its getting sorted though.

On a lower note I know exactly where you are coming from. My torslanda I bought for parts came from a rough area of town and the bloke that sold me said he had just fitted a new tailgate window as some kids had smashed it (handy as I was swapping the tailgate onto my glt anyway).

Moving onto when i actually had my glt on the road- kids on our estate insisted on playing football on the road beside where mine and my mothers cars sit. Many times I have been out telling these kids- for one playing on a road is illegal and 2, that they can go to the park rather than bouncing it off the side of my car. However the more you shout at them the more they aimed for the cars. I had to run the electric polisher/t-cut over my mums car and my glt many times from circular scratches on doors etc from said football. Best of it is The more you shout at them the more they aim for your car.

People cannot stand to see other people get on- of course the people in my case were being paid for by my parents naturally- more living off the state when i was scraping together money to buy bits for my car!

rant over! but as you can see i feel for you!

Nick
Old May 14th, 2011, 00:45   #29
minesa240x3
loyalty

Where I live nothing is safe.I have had my cars damaged in the past too.One teenager who had a bust up one nite with his girlfriend decided to kick the bonnet of my 240.I ran outside but they had run off.The next morning I took some photoes of the damage for evidence!they walked past saying"look that bloke is sick taking pictures of his old banger" I turned round to say to them this is for evidence for the police.The little darlings then shouted "If you do we will tell them you were taking pictures of us and that your a peadophile?

I have volunteered to give each one of them a lethal injection to put an end to thier empty unfulfilled lives.Many a nite watching out of the window when up to twenty teenagers are hanging around at 2.00 am.Drunk or high on drugs.Complete worthless scum.
My sympathies to you and your very very nice car.

Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:48   #30
ALLOA
Master Member

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Subject: Leith

Dear Sir/madam/ automated telephone answering service

Having spent the past twenty minutes waiting for someone at Leith police station to pick up a telephone I have decided to abandon the idea and try emailing you instead. Perhaps you would be so kind as to pass this on to your colleagues in Leith by means of smoke signal, carrier pigeon or ouija board.
As I'm writing this e-mail there are eleven failed medical experiments (I think you call them youths) in West Cromwell Street which is just off Commercial Street in Leith. Six of them seem happy enough to play a game which involves kicking a football against an iron gate with the force of a meteorite. This causes an earth shattering CLANG! which rings throughout the entire building. This game is now in its third week and as I am unsure how the scoring sytem works, I have no idea if it will end any time soon.
The remaining five walking abortions are happily rummaging through several bags of rubbish and items of furniture that someone has so thoughtfully dumped beside the wheelie bins.
One of them has found a saw and is setting about a discarded chair like a beaver on speed. I fear that it's only a matter of time before they turn their limited attention to the bottle of calor gas between the two bins.
If they could be relied on to only blow their own arms and legs off then I would happily leave them to it. I would even go so far as to lend them the matches. Unfortunately they are far more likely to blow up half the street with them and I've just finished decorating the kitchen.
What I suggest is this. After replying to this email with worthless assurances that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with, why not leave it until the one night of the year (probably bath
night) when there are no mutants around then drive up the street in a panda car before doing a three-point turn and disappearing again. This will of course serve no other purpose than to remind us what policemen actually look like.
I trust that when I take a clawhammer to the skull of one of these throwbacks you'll do me the same courtesy of giving me a four-month head start before coming to arrest me.
I remain sir, your obedient servant, Mr X

2.. THE REPLY
Dear Mr X,
I have read your email and understand your frustration at the problems caused by youth playing in the area and the problems you encountered in trying to contact the police.
As the Community Beat Officer for your street I would like to extend an offer of discussing the matter fully with you.
Should you wish to discuss the matter, please provide contact details (address/telephone number) and when may be suitable.
Regards, PC Y Community Beat Officer

3.. THE REACTION
Dear PC Y
First of all I would like to thank you for the speedy response to my original email. 16 hours and 38 minutes must be a personal record for Leith Police station and rest assured that I will forward these details to Norris McWhirter for inclusion in his next book.
Secondly I was delighted to hear that our street has its own communitybeat officer. May I be the first to congratulate you on your covert skills. In the five or so years I have lived in West Cromwell Street, I have never seen you. Do you hide up a tree or have you gone deep undercover and infiltrated the gang itself?
Are you the one with the acne and the moustache on his forehead or the one with achin like a wash hand basin?
It's surely only a matter of time before you are headhunted by MI5.
Whilst I realise that there may be far more serious crimes taking place in Leith such as smoking in a public place or being Muslim without due care and attention, is it too much to ask for a policeman to explain (using words of no more than two syllables at a time) to these t***s that they might want to play their strange football game elsewhere.
The pitch behind the Citadel or the one at DKs are both within spitting distance as is the bottom of the Albert Dock.
Should you wish to discuss these you should feel free to contact me.
If after 25 minutes I have still failed to answer, I'll buy you a large one in the Bar.
Regards Mr X

P.S If you think that this is sarcasm, think yourself lucky that you don't work for the cleansing department.
ALLOA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ALLOA For This Useful Post: