Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A wiring question people!

Views : 2252

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 15th, 2003, 19:33   #11
terrastudios

Hey Dan,
Yup works pilling up - just had to limp the volvo 10 miles home as i/mate managed to f*ck up the front drivers hub totally :| only two wheels nuts in, so did a max of 20mph :|
Haha @ standard, at least mines been rebuilt recently so everything new (bar the b*stard hub)
RE: bodykit, read somewhere else hes not selling the car anymore so sob sob didnt get it. Might just save up and buy the front one direct from volvo, as its only two hundred. Although im trying to get my hands on them twister 2 alloys (yum yum!)
Sorry to hear u cant go down to rolling road, but we will meet again (and i will coax u into having a friendly drag race :P)

Matt.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 21:08   #12
Daniel M
Inbetween Volvo's...

Default RE: At Bl*ody Last!

Hi Matt....

Ouch! These things happen, usually when you.ve got something else to spend your money on. I was just about ready to get my uprated shocks when the flippin clutch went. £200 later and no new shocks x(

The Volvo front end will set you back about £280-but if you are an official VOC member then you may be able to save another 10-15% on that, depending on how much discount your local Volvo dealer will give you-they have to order it in you see, rather than Volvo UK. And, the part will be fom Sweden i think. I know for a fact they dont keep it in the UK.

R.e Drag race....i feel scared that i may lose i think, thats why i don't want to do it! I raced a Pug 106 16v way back (in this 440) and i was caining it and he went past like a bullet! (He did have a longer run though, and my car is double the size, weight and my wheels are 3" bigger-oh, and i have a ton of stuff in my boot too!) I think my car should be about 111bhp and the singlepoints are about 89bhp-but you do have an air filter. Im gonna ditch my airbox i think in a couple of week's, and put some sort of uni-fit air filter on with some flexi-piping to get a better cold air feed. Couple of extra bhp i hope. :9

Have fun at the rolling road-think of me in my green shirt stacking shelves at Safeway. Do the 440's proud!! }(

Later, Dan
:: 440 2.0i SE, 1994, 306 Smoke Silver Metallic :: Sold
:: 440 1.7 GLEi, 1991, 219 Ocean Blue Metallic Metallic :: Sold
Daniel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 21:14   #13
terrastudios

LOL @ loose, just because mines more looked after than yours :P

then again should be te hours thats been spent on it, like i say nothings not been replaced bar the hubs!

Im going to add nos to it though early next year, then ill eat ya little 2 litre, muhhahaha ;)

Cheers and have fun at Safeway - joys of student hood i guess!

Matt.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 23:02   #14
Daniel M
Inbetween Volvo's...

Yo...

Its ok...you can keep your NOS! I think im going to be aiming for either an 850 T5 (you know, the 240 bhp model) or an S40 T or T4 (Oh, the T4 with 210 bhp...) :9 next year.... And then i`ll woop your little gas tank! ;)

And i must be quite fortunate that mine was in good enough condition to not need anything replacing (not inc. the interior...or clutch...or springs...or exhaust....or stereo....or wheels...or light clusters...i think thats it!) ;)

Ah...the joys of student loans, er, i mean student jobs!
Oh-im still on my original engine too ;) :P }(

Meeowww!! (thought i'd better add that!)

Catch you later Dude!

Dan
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 07:25   #15
terrastudios

Hey dude,
Mine was in 100% condition, ive rebuilt it for the sheer hell of it (plus to learn etc.. how everything in the car works).
Just adding a strut brace (not sure if i mentioned it) - had one fabricated specially for the car as couldnt find anywhere that had a stock one (surprise surprise!).
As for next year getting a T5 - youve gota think about my insurance, as your getting old and frial (at the grand age of 22) - your insurance is dropping. Mine at the rather cool age of 18 is retalivey expensive - god knows what it would be on a T5 :P As for the T5 kicking my ass well we will see :P Thing with these bigger volvos is that theres a hell of a lot more weight to pull about ;) I make reference at this point to the fact we cant actually tow anything of great weight with the 440 due to its low weight! (~1200kg if im not mistaken). Get some NOS etc... in it, possibly a turboed engine and WHAM :D
Failing that if i get extremely bored ill modify the engine bay and fit in a T5 somehow ;) then ill definatly kick your ass :D Big heavy 850 vs lightweight 440 ;)

So meeeeow back to you!!!!

Regards

Matt
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 16:51   #16
Daniel M
Inbetween Volvo's...

Hi Matt...

Nice one on the ol strut brace. Have you noticed the difference in the handling? As for the grand old age of 22-i am a bit more frail, you're right-but as you said, hopefully the insurance will be on my side! And don't think i haven't considered NOS already-want it, but i need to draw the line somewhere, and start saving for something else! I'll prb. do my filter, colour code my rubstrips and get that bloody numberplate surround and leave it. Oh, and i`d like to do my front grille black like yours-what do you think it would look like-bearing in mind that there will be no black trim on it eventually?

A 440 T5...sounds interesting. I have read a post somewhere whilst surfing about someone who bought a 440 for alot of £ and had a T5 engine in. Don't know anythin else, but i do know he said it was too powerful! Wimp! :9

Anyways, let us know what you think about the grille. Oh, and i got me pics back so i can show you the dials now they're in...but i'll sort them out later.

Au Revoir!
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 18:07   #17
terrastudios

Hey dude,
LOL @ too powerful - i did read somewhere that volvo did like 8 t4 (i think) 440s for the police but they never took em up and stayed with the 850s etc.. not exactly sure though could be complete rubish :P As for being too powerful, i guess it could be! With the lightweight chassis etc... and that amount of bhp through the front wheels i sense wheel spins - its bad enough at 100 bhp, never mind 250!!!!
Grille should look good, try and prime it first though, cos i never did and the stone chips are making it go back to the original colour :S
Get them piccys up wanna see em!
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 19:37   #18
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

Default RE: A wiring question people!

you 4 series guys should be over on the 480 club europe site , there a lot more knowledge on 4 series motors , and i make a strut brace aswell!
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 00:10   #19
Peter Milnes
Premier Member

Default RE: A wiring question people!

Do you do one for a 945 Turbodiesel mate. Been trying to get one for a long time now.

All the best, Peter
Peter Milnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 19:47   #20
terrastudios

hey mate, how much and have you got any piccys/diagrams?

cheers