Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HU-803 Stereo- CD Player Not Selecting?

Views : 1499

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2012, 16:28   #1
BasilS60
Basil: 2003 S60 D5 SE 163

Arrow HU-803 Stereo- CD Player Not Selecting?

Hi all, I wonder if you could help pinpoint what's wrong the the HU-803 stereo in our 2003 S60. It's the four-disc changer type.

When you try and select the source, all it says is AM and FM for the radio- no CD player!! Can you please help, really love the stereo in our Basil, absolutely cannot live without a CD player!!!

Thanks

Donna
BasilS60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 23:10   #2
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Had this on mine after reconnecting while fiddling around with connections on the back. Try disconnecting the battery for at least 20 minutes and see if that brings it back to life.
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 11:14   #3
mancalledheed

Default Did you guys ever solve this?

Hi there

I know this thread is quite old, but the same thing has just happened to my V70 on and 04 plate.

Only FM and MW can be selected.

CD - gone
CD autochanger - gone (which is connected to an ipod adapter)

Tried removing the audio fuse for a few seconds - didn't fix it.
Also tried inserting fuse in CD autochanger slot in boot fuse compartment - didn't fix it.

Panicking now as only have 2 weeks before going on holiday with the car. Can't imagine surviving on local French radio alone. Help!!!

All suggestions welcome.

Andy
mancalledheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 09:52   #4
hoverjumper
hoverjumper

Default Same issue

Did you ever resolve this problem? I've got the exact same issue after having a flat battery.
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 12:19   #5
Simon Jones
Premier Member

It seems the head unit checks what bits are installed / working when powered up (after battery disconnect). I've had it in the past with the TV not being listed as a result of the lead at the back being dislodged.

I would try disconnecting fuse (or better still battery) for 20 mins or so then trying again.
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2015, 14:19   #6
hoverjumper
hoverjumper

Talking Thanks!

A belated thanks for your reply Simon, I didn't have notifications set for this thread so I missed it!
Sure enough, disconnecting the battery for a period did the trick and has restored full functionality to the stereo.
I think the fault was caused by trying to start with very low battery voltage in the first place.
Cheers!

Tags
s60 hu-803 cd player