Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thinking of changing from an xc90 to v90cc

Views : 1864

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2021, 22:18   #1
pdhv40

Default Thinking of changing from an xc90 to v90cc

As per the title the lease on our XC90 finishes at the end of august and considering swapping to a v90cc, would welcome thoughts from anyone that has one. I particularly like the look of the google system they have now which I trialed on a normal v90 when my xc was in for a service. Whats people’s experience with this system like as opposed to Sensus?
pdhv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 04:00   #2
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhv40 View Post
As per the title the lease on our XC90 finishes at the end of august and considering swapping to a v90cc, would welcome thoughts from anyone that has one. I particularly like the look of the google system they have now which I trialed on a normal v90 when my xc was in for a service. Whats people’s experience with this system like as opposed to Sensus?
I tried one before deciding on an XC90. The reason I did not choose the V90CC was due to the compromised door aperture which made it very difficult to exit my head. Bending forward did not help, due to the rake of the windscreen pillar. I have no such issue with the XC90, Honda CR-V, Nissan Qashqai and so on. The same issue is common to the rather smaller Peugeot 2008 for instance.

Really wanted to like the V90Cc but it just doesn’t suit me and neither do any of the other Volco 90 series low-riders.
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 09:14   #3
crashbarrier

We haven't noticed anything different about the door aperture to any other car and it sits much higher than a regular V90.
Overall we are very pleased with ours and our only criticisms are the boot, which is not the biggest, and the Volvo software gremlins which afflict all models. The turning circle is an issue for us but we know what the cure is......smaller wheels.
We don't have the Google system but it can't possibly be worse than the Sensus Nav which is simply infuriating. Anything would be an improvement to that including just having an AtoZ map to navigate by.
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 09:29   #4
Haldex
Premier Member

A wagon (albeit an offroady one..) will drop in value like a rock - whereas SUVs/crossovers sell like cookies and tend to hold value a bit better - something to bear in mind. That said - I personally love crossover wagons and had V60CC been available when I was buying - I would have gone for the V60CC instead of the XC60, regardless of the potential lower resale value.

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 10:33   #5
jockonabike

I have a 2020 V90 CC, I have to say that I wonder what height you must be to find it a challenge to enter and exit the car with the pitch of the windscreen. I find the doors are large and open wide enough to let pretty much anyone in.

The previous comment about the boot size is true, but think of how many times you'll actually fill it before deciding not to buy the car.

They're rarer than the XC90 but in my opinion they're better because of that. Too many chelsea tractors on the roads that won't ever see anything tougher than a Tesco car park.

The V90CC allows you the interior space, the load carrying capacity and the option of 4WD should you need it for light offroading.

I have the 21" wheels on mine, probably worth noting that tyres for them are not cheap, and options for winter tyres are even harder to find. They do look great on the car and with the air suspension on the rear they don't provide a harsh ride at all
jockonabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2021, 09:38   #6
Crockers
Premier Member

Very popular in USA. Also aren’t they used over the V90 by the Swedish Police ??
Old Aug 6th, 2021, 11:20   #7
Mc Lovin

I'm coming to the end of a V90CC lease and am considering V90 T6 recharge or XC90 T8 recharge. Due to the crappy sensus I was going to avoid Volvo as it drove me nuts. I have android auto which removes some of the pain, but not all. Now I see they have switched to Google they are back in the game. I'd be interested to try it out.

I have a bad back and find the V90CC can be awkward to get into and out of sometimes, but this won't be an issue for most. Only an SUV will fix this for me. The boot is hampered a bit as the back slopes down, but it's still pretty large. We do a few staycations per year and struggle to travel light, so have easily filled it on a few occasions.

Overall with better infotainment I would happily have another.
Old Aug 7th, 2021, 12:42   #8
MCV60
Master Member

Before getting your hopes up on Android infotainment system. Maybe worth watching some of the reviews.
https://youtu.be/mJMSfJ54M4g

The reviewer has access to all types of new Volvos and is passionate on all things new Volvo. Check him out on Instagram https://instagram.com/volvo_kristian...dium=copy_link

Also this chap has produced a series of short videos on his new my22 V90 with Android infotainment system.

https://youtu.be/wzOmZJN8R8A
https://youtu.be/KJjMj95Ufn4

On watching the reviews and reading comments. It appears that my22 cars with Android infotainment are a step back, with many options omitted.

Last edited by MCV60; Aug 7th, 2021 at 13:59.
MCV60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2021, 21:19   #9
ElCap

One thing I will say about the Cross Country is it a rarer beast than the XC90. It’s a kind of a halfway between the V90 and the XC90. So you can view it as a subtler XC90 or a V90 with more presence.

As regards the new Android Automotive system this going to be across the range eventually. There are lots of positive reviews of it and some negative ones too. It looks like it is early days for the system and it seems there are some teething issues to be resolved. But given that over the next 12 months it is going appear in a lot of other brands I suspect they will get resolved.
ElCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2021, 21:30   #10
gaby
Premier Member

As far as it may be of importance:
Is it possible to have 4-wheel air suspension on a V90CC?
I can't find it in the price list, only on the rear.