Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wayland Reading

Views : 1689

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 26th, 2021, 13:46   #1
lordofthejungle

Default Wayland Reading

I posted a measured but negative feedback on Wayland Reading and the comms issue in booking my service in. I made enquiries around and Maindenhead was quick to respond. However, Wayland called today and sent the attached note to rectify their position. I am glad about it as I do not believe in one strike off! Booked my service in and will put a correction to my original post regardless of the actual service done as I think the call/note met my expectations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A64C8B00-6309-44AE-B56A-7FA43AA9E8BE.jpg (91.2 KB, 153 views)
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 14:05   #2
ergonomist

I've used Waylands for some time - mainly for convenience. They're not perfect (unlike me ) - but they do listen and improve. I've had a couple of instances where I've been slightly disappointed by an aspect of their service, but on each occasion, when I raised it with them they've listened and responded constructively - changing their processes to avoid a repeat. For me that's worth a lot.
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 14:17   #3
Nippy
VOC Member

Has anyone else just looked at the google reviews????

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design
Nippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 16:43   #4
catsim

I have always found Weylands Reading very good, especially their service department and the service manager Simon, it’s the reason I keep returning to Volvo!
catsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 16:43   #5
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

I’ve used Waylands Reading (and their predecessor) for over 10 years – bought my current 2011 XC90 there and have just ordered my new XC60 from there as well.

Their service department is very good and never try and wiggle out of getting work covered under my extended warranty.

Compared to the distrusting bad attitude my wife gets from her BMW garage, always trying to bleed money out of you. Volvo is miles ahead and a big reason why I will never buy another BMW or any German brand for that matter.

For me its Volvo or Subaru.
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 16:50   #6
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post

Their service department is very good and never try and wiggle out of getting work covered under my extended warranty.
The exact opposite to my local dealer
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 15:17   #7
DriverDen

I asked Waylands for a quote for Service twice last week. Still waiting for a reply. In the meantime I have booked elsewhere, see if they come in with a lower price.

I used to use Maidenhead when it was Squire Furneax, liked them alot. But a few bad experiences and I've reported them to Volvo UK.

As for the Reading Volvo dealer before last, Stratstone, they were unbelievably terrible.
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DriverDen For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 20:38   #8
lordofthejungle

I h go or my car serviced and the experience was good. Got 20% on the service itself. However, it’s thrown out few issues on my recently bought second hand car (17 plate) with extended warranty from the dealer (big motoring world) I got the car from. Volvo has said that the engine light and my perceived feeling that there was a lag when I put my foot down points to a Turbo issue. Quoted 4K now to fix it!!! However, the engine light now has gone away...I went for a long drive and the lag I had noticed previously isn’t there. I will drive it around for a while and get a second opinion from a different garage if the light comes back on.

Is my wait and watch approach sensible or should I be going to the bottom of this now?? Thanks
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 11:37   #9
HDAV
Master Member

Waylands also have a branch in swindon? I have used Johnson’s glos thus far as they were supplying dealer but since they moved over the road to the old bmw showroom have IMO gone down hill lady on service desk is lovely but over worked and having called twice and promised a call back I’m now thinking of just forgetting them completely
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 20:15   #10
MG14

Quote:
Waylands also have a branch in swindon?
Yes, I’ve ordered mine from them. No experience of how it was before Waylands but they’re fine so far. I understand that there’s a showroom refurb due soon.
MG14 is offline   Reply With Quote